Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage linens

Lokar

A-List Customer
We have a huge amount of bed linens, mostly in four styles - I've taken photos of three of the styles, and then the other style is just plain white. We also have various types of pillowcases, so there are a few photos of those too. A large portion of the bed linens are actually linen, although some are cotton.

We store all the linens in a trunk, with a lavender pouch from my mother, and every year she grows lavender, dries it, and provides us huge amounts to refill our various pouches (for closets, etc., as well).

The trunk:

The lavender pouch:

Bed linens:

Pillowcases:

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Bumping this up.

If anyone has time, I'd love to see examples of your 40's and 50's bedspreads!

I bought this chenille. I know it's on the "busy" side, but I couldnt' help myself. At the time, I was thinking 50's, pinky, girly. Now I'm feeling like my furniture might take better to a 40's look....problem is, I'm not quite sure what that is! Help.

Busy Chenille Bedspread by susanmcs, on Flickr

Foofoogal

Banned
Swoon, I love chenille bedspreads. My grandmother had one with a floral basket on it and i have never seen another.
In the 1940s I know they had silk bedspreads and crocheted ones. 1940s though also had bedspreads like yours.
Look for sewing 1940s bedspread patterns and you may see the different ideas.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Thanks Foof,

I actually ordered a Singer Sewing booklet from '47 on slip covers, curtains, etc. It just hasn't gotten here yet. The front cover has a slip covered daybed that gives some inspiration. I think you mentioned getting a Star book for knits. I've seen one or two of those for crocheted bedspreads. I could never actually make one, but it might give me ideas.

Thanks for the guidance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe