Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
A couple of Tootal ties:

1940s 'Special Quality':
zzbg12A.jpg

1950s 'Blue Quality':
B0dKD2j.jpg

I can safely say these are bolder than most British ties of the period!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Are those French chateaus on that left one JP? I like the one next to it too - it's one I'd wear. It seems narrower than the rest - does that usually indicate it being from a later period? Or did they make them all widths right through 1940s-1950s?

Are those French chateaus on that left one JP? I like the one next to it too - it's one I'd wear. It seems narrower than the rest - does that usually indicate it being from a later period? Or did they make them all widths right through 1940s-1950s?

I am not sure what they are but I am sure they aren't McMansions. :p
You would wear that and risk losing membership in the BTC? :p
Usually the narrow they are the later they are. However there were some slight width differences with in the era. Many war era ties through the 40s were still the width of the 30s ties due to the scarcity of fabric and rationing. From about 1947 to 1951 is where you will see the wider ties. After that ties gradually got narrower---eventually nearly down to a shoestring. :doh: Then the 70s came and all Hell broke loose with even crazy Kipper ties. They were hideous and thicker than your seat cushions. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld