Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

My First Vintage Tie!
Went to the Queen Mary Art Deco Festival and had to outfit myself on the fly so I picked this up over there for ten bucks.

10649463_334801860028812_6285285160968354354_n.jpg

Don Pelon

New in Town
Here are some of my Ties. Starting with a few skinny 60's era examples:

Some earlier "Golden Era" finds. I especially like the blue Wembley on the far right:

This cream Paisley one in the middle is Italian, and has 'real gold and silk' supposedly woven into the material. Looks somewhat 50's, found at Goodwill!

And some modern day "Deco" reproductions, by Stacy Adams, Pierre Cardin and Fratelli:

Last edited:

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Here are some of my Ties. Starting with a few skinny 60's era examples:

Some earlier "Golden Era" finds. I especially like the blue Wembley on the far right:

This cream Paisley one in the middle is Italian, and has 'real gold and silk' supposedly woven into the material. Looks somewhat 50's, found at Goodwill!

And some modern day "Deco" reproductions, by Stacy Adams, Pierre Cardin and Fratelli:

I'm not really a fan of modern reproductions (I can't wear a modern tie even if I wanted too!), but I really like that orange and the tie next to it. I also love the narrower "Bold Look" ties like the ones in your second picture. Cool collection!

-Quetzal

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
You guys are lucky to find colorful rayon beauties in thrift stores... there are NONE in my area, apart from that handful that I picked up last week in my years of searching. All I find are 1920s, late 1950s and early (pre-rectangular wide) 1960s motif ties, and TONS of 1930s and conservative 1940s ties.

-Quetzal

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Conservative 1920s and 1930s seems to be where the market is these days, with the wilder '40s hand paints falling out of favor.

Probably because the shorter, wider ties look odd when worn with the low-rise skinny pants that are fashionable these days.

Don Pelon that is an admirable collection you have. There's some really cool ties in that lot.

V.C. that tie is AWESOME Nothing says manly like a huntin' dog tie (except maybe a bull fighter or gamecocks). Congrats!

DamianM

Vendor
You guys are lucky to find colorful rayon beauties in thrift stores... there are NONE in my area, apart from that handful that I picked up last week in my years of searching. All I find are 1920s, late 1950s and early (pre-rectangular wide) 1960s motif ties, and TONS of 1930s and conservative 1940s ties.

-Quetzal
I would like to see your 20s and 30s ties!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe