Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
My first properly vintage tie (although I have lots of vintage bow ties), made by Adam Hats, don't know what time-frame it is though...

The fiance hates it, but I love it and have worn it anyway.

3763726644_4fd37eb135.jpg

3763727060_63542b891a_m.jpg

Nice tie! I would say early '50s. (Nice cow, too.)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Digme said:
I won't "out" anyone here without permission, but it certainly appears that the vintage necktie community is a close-knit one indeed!

The question is, would the mainstream population be interested in a big, colorful book of these wearable gems? There are many other vintage/antique books that have been released, so there could be a market for it, right?

I don't know for the mainstream folks, but If you think about writing a book on vintage ties/attire with lots, lots, lots of full colour pics, it would sell like hot buns here on the lounge... I could be wrong though :rolleyes: I would buy one for sure! ;)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
billyspew said:
My first properly vintage tie (although I have lots of vintage bow ties), made by Adam Hats, don't know what time-frame it is though...

The fiance hates it, but I love it and have worn it anyway.

3763726644_4fd37eb135.jpg

3763727060_63542b891a_m.jpg

Beautiful! :eusa_clap

billyspew

One Too Many
Digme said:
I won't "out" anyone here without permission, but it certainly appears that the vintage necktie community is a close-knit one indeed!

The question is, would the mainstream population be interested in a big, colorful book of these wearable gems? There are many other vintage/antique books that have been released, so there could be a market for it, right?

I'd be interested, mainly so I know what I'm looking at on ebay and in vintage stores, I'm really new to ties so it would be good to have a guide. Plus I'm sure it'd make a great coffee table book.

Thanks for the comments on the tie, glad my first purchase meets approval. ;)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Digme said:

Johnny should contact Rin Tanaka: http://myfreedamn.com/
This seems like something he would be interested in!

Widebrim said:
So true, and neither are made in the USA anymore.:mad: You get what you pay for...

I often wonder about that if you consider that I have a Towncraft with the original price tag of 98 cents. :eek: Even if you convert that amount into today's dollars it would only equate to $14.45. Try to find a decent brocade tie at even the cheapest stores today for that. [huh] I won't even stipulate that it has to be made here in the US. :rolleyes:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I often wonder about that if you consider that I have a Towncraft with the original price tag of 98 cents. :eek: Even if you convert that amount into today's dollars it would only equate to $14.45. Try to find a decent brocade tie at even the cheapest stores today for that. [huh] I won't even stipulate that it has to be made here in the US. :rolleyes:

98 cents! I'm going to presume about 1940, no? I have one somewhere with a similar price tag...Well, it would be difficult to find a decent brocade tie for $14.45, and made in the USA. Perhaps the old Towncraft really did give you a lot for your buck...

Widebrim said:
98 cents! I'm going to presume about 1940, no? I have one somewhere with a similar price tag...Well, it would be difficult to find a decent brocade tie for $14.45, and made in the USA. Perhaps the old Towncraft really did give you a lot for your buck...

Good luck in finding a decent looking tie at JC Penney for that much today. :rolleyes:
Here are four of 49 that I got for $5 plus shipping of course. :rolleyes:
!B(S(WMwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKbg,S6K5!~~_35.JPG

Four more
!B(S(,J!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLlyKFGBKbg,d4Cnw~~_35.JPG

Four more
!B(S(eGgBWk~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlyn79BKbg,o8Y+Q~~_35.JPG

a few more including a 70s one that I can scrub the toilet with I guess. :rolleyes:
!B(S(lWQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKbg,-Obng~~_35.JPG

Guess which one. ;) :p

YETI

A-List Customer
a few more including a 70s one that I can scrub the toilet with I guess. :rolleyes:
!B(S(lWQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKbg,-Obng~~_35.JPG

Guess which one. ;) :p[/QUOTE]
I was watchin' that too, but couldn't pull the trigger. And why would you mistreat a commode like that? When has poly ever been an effective cleaning device? Seriously :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe