Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
These two related mid-50s ties came from a single box I found at a local thrift store...with no label.

matchingpair_zps6bc7f340.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tommy

One of the Regulars
for the older ties to appear proper length on my frame (I'm 6'2" and long waisted) I end up taking all the length I can get out of them, which sometimes involves sacrificing a planned knot look. Otherwise, they come off looking short on me. Perhaps doing so is a bit unconventional. I'll try an snap a planned knot soon to show you what I mean...

Shouldn't that be knot planned?

Great find C.C.Joe. that's a nice one

Tommy I have exactly the same problem with knot planned ties. I'm toi tall to tie them right and not have them look too short.

Darn nice hand-painted tie there, CCJ.

Hi Annixter

Thank you Sir, I am actually starting to acquire an "eye" for neck wear however they are not easy to find at the local good will stores etc.... But the hunt and the find is soooooooooooo much fun.

I appreciate viewing you're post and look forward to seeing more of you're classic neck wear.

Regards

CCJ

knickers 007.jpg knickers 015.jpg knickers 011.jpg knickers 012.jpg

Hi Folks

I purchased the blazer and waistcoat today at the local good will... The tie was an added bonus, found it in the inside pocket...

The tie is labeled, " The Royalist"-- Cohama Californial Swagger... Tie needs a good dry cleaning however the three pieces were only $6.00 and actually look quit good together...

Regards

CCJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe