Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Quigley, those ties are amazing, they remind me, and I hope you are not insulted by this, but they remind me of the popular, pop art of early sixties London. Back then though it was all black and white themed, although the geometric shapes are similar, which is why I recall the reminisce.

It would seem though that black and white is a theme that I can't leave alone. A recent photo of my father, taken in 1948, has inspired me to put together, an outfit similar to Dad's. This is the chosen tie, made by Fox & Chave, it's has an art-deco appeal, inspired perhaps, by the Chrysler Building.

Here's a close-up of the detail.

Quigley, those ties are amazing, they remind me, and I hope you are not insulted by this, but they remind me of the popular, pop art of early sixties London. Back then though it was all black and white themed, although the geometric shapes are similar, which is why I recall the reminisce.

It would seem though that black and white is a theme that I can't leave alone. A recent photo of my father, taken in 1948, has inspired me to put together, an outfit similar to Dad's. This is the chosen tie, made by Fox & Chave, it's has an art-deco appeal, inspired perhaps, by the Chrysler Building.

Here's a close-up of the detail.

It is also like an overlapping feather design.

Metatron

One Too Many
I picked up this rather battered tie at the charity shop.
It is short, light and ties a small knot.
I suspect it is pre-1940s.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Alien attack!!!

aliens_zpsb1700f6f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Annixter

Practically Family
Interesting. Benny Hill used to wear the same kind of thing in the 1970s as well. The look just reminds me too much of the 70s even though it might have originated 40 years before. :doh:

It reminds me too much of today as well--black ties, black shirt, and black suit (replace "black" with any color).

Annixter and Quigley.... :eusa_clap

Thanks Harv. +1 to Quigley's out-of-this-world specimen.

Metatron

One Too Many
A new charity shop opened in the area and they have a great selection of ties in the random old junk basket:
Of course they have the most boring conservative modern ones on display. :rolleyes:

This one is a Tootal, cotton. very versatile I think. Nice and short:

and a nice wool one:

Annixter

Practically Family

That's a winner.

A new charity shop opened in the area and they have a great selection of ties in the random old junk basket:
Of course they have the most boring conservative modern ones on display. :rolleyes:

This one is a Tootal, cotton. very versatile I think. Nice and short:

Nice one. Are the specks a different fabric woven in, or are they part of the print?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe