Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Annixter

Practically Family
Damian, very nice Hollyvogue. I too am surprised you're not keeping it for your collection. What are the dimensions?

Coincidentally, I picked up an early Hollyvogue from a flea market last weekend that looks to be about the same period as yours. Mine's silk brocade measuring 46" long x 3-3/4" wide.

Anyone have an idea when they went from the Old English-style "Hollyvogue" on mine to the block letters like Damian's, or vice versa?

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
Yes look at that another hollyvogue from the 30s
I'm recycling, Im just going to but more neckties with the sale of these neckties.

it is 47 inches by 4 inches at its widest.

DamianM

Vendor
the second one in the classifieds. 1930s aswell
il_570xN.567763590_f5uc.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
A couple thrift shop finds from today.

Attachments

• SAM_4388.JPG
    SAM_4388.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 110
  • SAM_4389.JPG
    SAM_4389.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 117
  • SAM_4390.JPG
    SAM_4390.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 109

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Damian, very nice Hollyvogue. I too am surprised you're not keeping it for your collection. What are the dimensions?

Coincidentally, I picked up an early Hollyvogue from a flea market last weekend that looks to be about the same period as yours. Mine's silk brocade measuring 46" long x 3-3/4" wide.

Anyone have an idea when they went from the Old English-style "Hollyvogue" on mine to the block letters like Damian's, or vice versa?

Another old Hollyvogue. Solid. Regarding the Old English lettering on Hollyvogue, that was after the block letters, although I'm not sure what year.

Annixter

Practically Family
Another old Hollyvogue. Solid. Regarding the Old English lettering on Hollyvogue, that was after the block letters, although I'm not sure what year.

Thanks, WB. The only other Hollyvogue I own is a late 50's, so I haven't anything for comparison. It sure would be nice if I could still walk into a store with "haberdashers" on the front sign and choose from their selection of 1930's and 40's neckties. what the heck, I'd take 50's too. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld