Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
They probably did have free reign on subject matter, especially the more famous artists.

Here's today's tie, c.late-'50s, acetate. I don't usually wear pink, but I think the contrast with the black is pretty good, and I like the motif.

Photo60-1.jpg
Photo61.jpg

I had mentioned it before, but a while ago I got a comment on my Flickr site regarding a photo of one of my Britico hand-painted ties. The writer told me Britico was his father's company and was child during those busy years in the 40s. He said there were two sisters living in Laurel Canyon in Hollywood that did all the painting. I've tried to contact him again for more information, but have never heard back...

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I had mentioned it before, but a while ago I got a comment on my Flickr site regarding a photo of one of my Britico hand-painted ties. The writer told me Britico was his father's company and was child during those busy years in the 40s. He said there were two sisters living in Laurel Canyon in Hollywood that did all the painting. I've tried to contact him again for more information, but have never heard back...

Yeah, I recall you relating that. I wish that he had gotten back to you.

ace hartmann

Vendor
Any one know where to get 1930s-40s style fabric? Im gonna start making ties and I want to make em the best i can to the period... obviously put my little twist to it. Your thoughts?? i know some cats say if its not from actually 1930 then why bother...

Any one know where to get 1930s-40s style fabric? Im gonna start making ties and I want to make em the best i can to the period... obviously put my little twist to it. Your thoughts?? i know some cats say if its not from actually 1930 then why bother...

You should take this inquiry and make a totally New Thread. The people that know about fabric sources may not be reading this. Good Luck in your search!

I've picked up a coupla-three old ones over the past few years ...

IMGP2294.jpg

IMGP2293.jpg

IMGP2292.jpg

IMGP2290.jpg

IMGP2289.jpg

IMGP2288.jpg

I don't often wear a tie, so, when I go to the big old-junk store in the sky, these guys here oughta be little the worse for my having owned them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe