Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Cousin's wedding tonight.

No tags.
011-2.jpg

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
This is one of my favourite threads, I love checking out all the great ties you guys keep posting up!

Vintage ties are nearly impossible to find here in New Zealand (as is anything vintage actually), so I only have a small collection. I made a great discovery at one of my local second hand shops last week though, five vintage ties that I picked up for a couple of dollars.

Two of them are by local tie company Klipper, which was nice to find:
KlipperFloral.jpg
KlipperSwirl.jpg

And another nice one by Curtis:
Curtis.jpg

My hope in NZ's second hand stores is renewed!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Without holding it I can' be sure, but it looks like it could be Superba 'Sugar and Spice'. Does it have a silky texture but made of rayon?

I'll dig one of mine out today and compare.

Yeah, silky. I wouldn't doubt if it is a Sugar and Spice. I've at least one other S&S, maybe two. I'll have to check.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
Yeah, silky. I wouldn't doubt if it is a Sugar and Spice. I've at least one other S&S, maybe two. I'll have to check.

Here's one of them, can't find the other one at the moment.

SugarandSpice30stie.jpg

Those NZ ties are awesome. I like finding vintage from out of the way places. I found a whole bunch of Australian ones when I visited the in-laws in Perth a couple years ago.

So, anyone heard of New Yorker Repps? This was in the lot from Thunderw21 … Like most foulards of the era, it ties a fantastic tight knot.

NewYorkerRepps1.jpg
NewYorkerRepps2.jpg

I got a nice lot in the mail today. One of them I was convinced was going to be 70s, but nope, late 30s it is. Really horrid floral print. I'll get some pics up tonight.

bk

Feraud

Bartender
The Lowenstein's name is so familiar. I know I have something from that store but cannot locate it..
Baron Kurtz said:
So, anyone heard of New Yorker Repps? This was in the lot from Thunderw21 … Like most foulards of the era, it ties a fantastic tight knot.
NewYorkerRepps2.jpg

Here's the lot of ties I bought with the disgusting middle 60s thing removed. I bought the lot solely for the first tweety bird Arco one (which i'm wearing today :D ). The rest ended up being a nice surprise. 3 late 30s ones.

ArcoTweetyBirds.jpg

Sorta Egyptian.

EgyptianSortaTie.jpg

These are possibly stylised vultures or Phoenix???

StylisedVulturesMaybe.jpg

And this hideous thing that I was convinced was from the 1980s or early 1990s, but in fact turned out to be late 30s. Doesn't make him any prettier!

HorridFloralTie.jpg

And this one was in a charity shop I pass by on the way to work. 1940s/early1950s no labels.

Doreish40s70s.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken