Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
DapperDuck said:
Incredible collection Marc. I'm curious to what your shoe closet looks like. Care to take a wide angle photo for us?

Shucks...thanks! That closet reference was a fantasy. I don't have nearly enough room in my closet to store all my shoes. Most of them are in 7 very long, flat boxes stacked floor to ceiling in my apartment's storage shed. To get to them, I have to go to the building's basement and unlock several doors. I can take a photo of the boxes with the lids open, if you wish.

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:
Shucks...thanks! That closet reference was a fantasy. I don't have nearly enough room in my closet to store all my shoes. Most of them are in 7 very long, flat boxes stacked floor to ceiling in my apartment's storage shed. To get to them, I have to go to the building's basement and unlock several doors. I can take a photo of the boxes with the lids open, if you wish.

In deed it was a fantasy. I was picturing an Imelda Marcos style shoe museum filled with your vintage shoes. lol

That's a lot of trouble just to take a photo; do not bother. I'll just enjoy the individual photos.

H.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
More shoes of mine.

These are from the 1920s. Black leather and grey flannel!

Spoon416.jpg

Spoon419.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Marc,

all the shoes you showed are in pristine condition, do you ever wear them? and how do you find such breathtaking footwear on e-bay? I cannot remember ever seeing fine dress-shoes from the 30s (like the edwin clapps) on the bay..

:eusa_clap

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
djgo-cat-go said:
All the shoes you showed are in pristine condition, do you ever wear them?

Thanks! Yes, I wear them -- but not in heavy rotation. I keep them well maintained: shoe trees, regular polishing and conditioning, etc. Most of my shoes have come from eBay over a 12-year period. And as you might have guessed, I have an "emergency supply" of dozens of vintage deadstock flat cotton shoelaces. :)

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Two for the show:

Gentlemen,

Any thoughts on the date/age of these?
A very narrow size 11 they fit my 9D feet.
They're stamped Varsity Brogue on the insole. Du-Flex cush'n'crepe on the sole.

P7230011.jpg

P7230012.jpg

Sorry(for the) pics, M.M.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
Gentlemen,

P7230011.jpg

P7230012.jpg

Here you go buddy:

1951 Ad

BbICw2kKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKrYcMLVww_.jpg

Cool! Thanks fella!

M.M.

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
Those are really cool. You don't see the more casual vintage shoes too often. Very nice.

Mysterious Mose said:
Gentlemen,

P7230011.jpg

P7230012.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
Top Hat:

those AE's are a very nice colour and the shape looks good from this angle. One thing l don't like about AE brogues is the double set of stitching they use on the uppers, each piece is sewn on by [effectively] 4 stitches.

CliffG

One of the Regulars
I have a pair of Stacy Adams Madison boots that I have tried many times to get a picture of, but the pics never turn out good, so here is a picture from their website.

they have the look I wanted and they are comfortable, the price was 109 delivered to my door brand new 100% guarantee from zappos.

I have worn these for about two months

StacyAdamsMadison.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld