Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

flyfishark

Practically Family
Thanks, Marc. You are good! Not even having to see them in person. I was certain they were something screwy...and glad I didn't send them across the river! Thanks again, and anyone looking for a Halloween costume--see me.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
These are from the 1930s. I sold them back in 2008.

AuctionphotosJuly082-1.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

One of your greatest (de)acquisitions and Crosby Square of course! Nearly up there with the Clapp spectators IMO. Isshi nice to see your hunting expeditions are paying off.

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Thanks! They ended up going to Japan, as I recall.

I love the Japanese taste in shoes. I've sold so many Norvegese stitched, big welted, and exotic leather shoes to the Japanese buyers. I JUST sold a pair of Sutor Mantallassi Antiqued Norvegese loafers and sent them to Hiroshima. My tastes seem to favor the Asians & the Texans... go figure.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Isshi's other principal source of exotic shoe leather....

I'm an addict, I admit it. ESPECIALLY when it comes to vintage exotics. The leathers they used were fantastic. My first pair...

Edwin Clapp. Size 8C. I would wear them until my freaking toes started screaming. But, they were beauties, I think. They now reside in... JAPAN.

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

vintagegators.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I tried these Keith Highlanders next. Marked size 9 1/2, but measurements sounded close to a fit. Ended up being closer to a 9D. Just a bit too big. In Japan now as well.

Hand marked and wonderful channeled soles.

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Just for comparison purposes, The Keith Highlanders were very beautifully made, but the Croc they used wasn't as nice as the American Alligator used in the Clapps & the Nettletons.

The Clapp was the best of the group, I think. Channeled soles, very clean stitching, and fabulous Gator skins. I recently got some Stetsons, and they seem to be made up to the Clapp standards.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Just for comparison purposes, The Keith Highlanders were very beautifully made, but the Croc they used wasn't as nice as the American Alligator used in the Clapps & the Nettletons.

The Clapp was the best of the group, I think. Channeled soles, very clean stitching, and fabulous Gator skins. I recently got some Stetsons, and they seem to be made up to the Clapp standards.

We await the next pics with baited breath ...so to speak....

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
It must be my birthday because THESE recently arrived in the mail from my good buddy in Australia.

Regal Paddock Boots. NOS. KANGAROO Skin (I really like this skin. Very tough, and the "crinkling" is natural. They will get better with age, I think). Spade Soles. Oh My Gosh!

MANY, MANY THANKS!

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

And 1 of me wearing them to work today!

IMG_3075.jpg

Yes, I know they're only laced halfway up. I can't stand having to loosen a ton of laces to get my shoes/ boots on. This works best for me.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Anyone (Marc) know when they were made?

It'a hard to pin them down because there are a lot of Regal Shoe ads from the early 1940's (Regal had abandoned the extreme spade sole by then) and later. There are equally as many from before 1910. The Teens, 20's & 30's are missing pic wise. Does anyone have any vintage shoe ads from that period?

From the side view, the shape looks very similar to this ad from 1914:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1914-REGAL-SHOE-COMPANY-VINTAGE-PRINT-AD-/200420719990

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Y'all are killing me with all these spade soles and exotic leathers! I'm seriously kicking myself for passing up a pair of killer condition all gator 50s bucks . . . why, oh why did I do that!?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe