Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

flyfishark

Practically Family
This site may have been posted earlier in the thread (maybe even by me) but here it is nonetheless.

I don't know anyone with classic shoes that is getting the prices Minasian lists on his site. I have a pair of shoes like his Florsheim custom one-of-a-kinds (I corresponded with him, and he said we both had custom one-of-a-kinds because they were different colors) and I can't get 25% of what he got. It's a great site to look at classic shoes, but the prices are...well, I'll leave it to you to decide.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Found these Taylor Made Imperials with V-Cleat heels at a Salvation Army in Uniontown PA the other day. Ads I've found for the company seem to stop in 1968, but I don't know when the company actually went out. Not a whole lot of flash to this pair, but they seem to be really solidly made.
I also got a pair of Church's custom-grade, model name "raglan" for a dollar at another little thrift shop in the same town. They look a bit beat up at the moment. I'm working on cleaning those up at the moment. I'll get pics up once they're a bit more presentable.
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0106-1.jpg

IMG_0099-1.jpg

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
I finally got a pair of almost NOS v-cleat Florsheim Imperials (just as another pair I have was needing to be re-soled) . . . :cheers1:

vintab072.jpg

vintab087.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
HA! Good buy, friend! I was with you up until the $125 mark. Great buy even at $200, I think. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

For less?...Ha! You'd be lucky to find something for twice or three times more........

Thanks, gents. They were much more than I've ever paid for vintage shoes, but compared to Allen Edmonds (my usual modern shoe choice), they're better and cheaper.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
A pair of Crosby Squares I just picked up. I love these shoes--almost as much as Edwin Clapps.
azas95.jpg

Crosby Square (I think) are regarded as the number one ahead of Edwin Clapps. Benny Holiday has a wonderful pair of spades by them I found for him and Binkie has also a nice pair of two tones from the 40s (similar provenance). Seven eyelets makes them 50s IMHO.

Are they NOS BTW?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe