Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Just got these off the internet. They're "Dieter Kuckelkorn" handmade in Spain. I really like the classic split toe design and rich brown leather. Not sure how old these are, but since the company only dates to the 1970s, they can't be too old. Still very nice, solid shoes.

image11_zpsshlt3jme.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image1_zps5yizkdl5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like those raised seams on the apron of those shoe, love that style.

guygardner

A-List Customer
Thanks. It's amazing what you can find secondhand and sometimes even NOS compared to the overpriced stuff selling new in shopping malls.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Yes the punching on the toe is sharp. I was actually just about to say "hello" on eBay to Isshinryu101, as he has some fantastic brown and white spectators I was about to purchase, and then I happened to notice these "frenchies"....it was then all about being like a female Sherlock Holmes....("the game's afoot) and I contacted the seller. It was then all about, "let's make a deal"....to "what's my line"....and then, "the price is right"....awaiting now for them to be packed up, shipped and found at the front door! HHAA!

They need to be posted in the vintage spade soles shoes thread.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
My newest acquisitions. Seller's pics as I don't have them yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that they all fit. Can any of the experts give me their estimate how old they are?

Allen Edmonds
$_57.JPG

Auction description said Freeman, inside of the shoe says Foot King
$_57.JPG

Connolly of Ireland
il_570xN.769113230_8n0h.jpg

il_570xN.769154815_4e4f.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh wow...you scored some nice ones....the Allen Edmonds are super nice...vintage....not sure but I could guess 1950's? Maybe older? Cookie or Isshy may have more on that...we have one pair or AE wingtips that are late 1950-early 1960's and they are MILES ahead of what AE makes today....those you have are older....and I bet they weigh more as well...nice solid shoes. The footkings look familiar, not sure if those are freeman, does it state made in the USA on them? The dress shoe boots....LOVE THOSE!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My newest acquisitions. Seller's pics as I don't have them yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that they all fit. Can any of the experts give me their estimate how old they are?

Allen Edmonds
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Connolly of Ireland

The Freemans look like work shoes and could be shell or alternatively Cromexcel.
AEs have the 50s font. The boots at bottom have late 20s early 30s soles with that two tone effect. The soles look older though and they are not channel stitched.

guygardner

A-List Customer
Just picked up a pair of NOS Florsheims. Any guesses to when they were made?

12096619_10156329174950495_8454516830621679116_n_zpslrpb7xdc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image2_zpsclqnlatf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image3_zpsc2pgxdjd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

guygardner

A-List Customer

Allen Edmonds
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Connolly of Ireland

beautiful

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the info, guys.

Shell or CXL would be nice indeed. I like the work shoe aesthetic of the Freemans.

Cookie, does that mean you think the boots might be even older than late 20s?

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info, guys.

Shell or CXL would be nice indeed. I like the work shoe aesthetic of the Freemans.

Cookie, does that mean you think the boots might be even older than late 20s?

Cookie's definitely more knowledgeable than me, but I personally don't think those boots are quite that old. That heel looks way more in line with examples from the 1940s, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the two tone soles on 40s shoes before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld