Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

L@dyb1rd

New in Town
These are my favourite:
shoe11.png

MET

A-List Customer
Real zug gets more supple with time. Thanks to my friend Ben aka "CrashTestBrummie" who sold these to me. It is nearly impossible to find such old boots in such a condition.

I have 3 more zug grain shoes and boots to post here.

dddrees

New in Town
Real zug gets more supple with time. Thanks to my friend Ben aka "CrashTestBrummie" who sold these to me. It is nearly impossible to find such old boots in such a condition.

I have 3 more zug grain shoes and boots to post here.

Actually I thought of him when I saw these. I thought it was rather odd to see two different pairs of the same type of boot from the same time period, although if possible one would certainly believe so of this particular boot. Built tough and built to last.

MET

A-List Customer
He bought them from a lady, daughter of a Czech officer who fought with UK army during WWII. The double leather soles are still the original ones. There are no marks but the shape of the vamp indicates that they are made by Lotus. The only downside for me that they are in a size UK 11E which is narrow for my G width feet.

dddrees

New in Town
He bought them from a lady, daughter of a Czech officer who fought with UK army during WWII. The double leather soles are still the original ones. There are no marks but the shape of the vamp indicates that they are made by Lotus. The only downside for me that they are in a size UK 11E which is narrow for my G width feet.

Great story.

Wow, these are probably in my size. Would you say These are a half size or a full size down from a U.S. Size?

MET

A-List Customer
Fabulous and a split toe as well.

How many Zugs do you actually have?

Thank you.

2 pairs from Lotus, one pair from Cheaney (frank & meier), 2 pairs from Tricker's, 1 pair from Crockett and Jones, 2 pairs from Hoggs of Fife (which are most probably made by Cheaney) and a pair from Alfred Sargent.

dddrees

New in Town
Thank you.

2 pairs from Lotus, one pair from Cheaney (frank & meier), 2 pairs from Tricker's, 1 pair from Crockett and Jones, 2 pairs from Hoggs of Fife (which are most probably made by Cheaney) and a pair from Alfred Sargent.

Wow, I imagine most of those shoemakers stopped using Zug a little while ago. Although I still see a limited amount of EG Zug out there, but very little.

It's a real shame in one aspect, but since I have a pair it's also kind of cool in another aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe