Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I posted the original Lodger thread on SF after finding them advertised on a US site like GQ.

They have a real vibe especially the upturning on the captoes..the suede is a very interesting twist with the aged suede and highlighted stitching.

HarpPlayerGene said:
Ten bucks at a thrift store today bought me this pair of Nokona boots.

Let's see what ol' cookie has to say about these... :rolleyes: :D

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Typically you did well with a good brand but again I observe that you will do to thrifts and vintage shoes what you have already done with hats...embarrass us all with you good scores and impeccable taste...can I have my USD5 now please ?

sproily

Practically Family
So, I went to the recycling center where my girlfriend lives, and found these. They are size 44 which is really big for old shoes, and quite nicely my size.

I feel quite confident that these are a pair of quite old shoes. They are lined with canvas from the inside. Have even a bit of a spadeish leather sole with lots of life expectancy.

They are a kind of Balmoral boot with an odd wingtip. Very thick and heavy leather. No makers mark, except in the sole but has worn out. AKA written in the heel.

Could someone help me with dating these? I have no idea how old these are..

shoes1p.jpg

shoes2x.jpg

shoes3.jpg

shoes4.jpg

shoes5c.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Old? They sure are. And barely used! :eusa_clap

My guess is 1930s, maybe later 1920s. It can be hard to tell with lace-up dress boots such as these: they were mass produced in Europe (and, to a lesser extent, in America) up to the end of the '50s, or even a bit later!

sproily

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Old? They sure are. And barely used! :eusa_clap

My guess is 1930s, maybe later 1920s. It can be hard to tell with lace-up dress boots such as these: they were mass produced in Europe (and, to a lesser extent, in America) up to the end of the '50s, or even a bit later!

Yeah the condition is immaculate. Just a small tear in the leather where the lacing begins on the right foot shoe. Otherwise they are spotless. Could use some shine, but other than that... ;)

11 is a rare size in shoes this age I presume?

I dare you not to ask me what they cost.....

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
Up until a few years ago I had a RIDICULOUS amount of shoes. Many of which were deadstock. Deadstock that I'd had for 10+ years and could never bring myself to wear because they'd lasted this long without seeing asphalt and simply were too beautiful. I decided if I hadn't worn something in 10 years, I probably never would. Off to ebay they went. I'm talking deadstock super ornate brown and white 30's cap toes (those went to Japan), deadstock saddle shoes (those went to Britain), white 30's summer shoes with amazing stitching and perforations. I'm really wishing I had at least kept the pictures from my listings. Oh well, they're just old shoes right? I'm trying to be a little less OCD these days.
Here's a few that I still have, most of which started off as deadstock but managed to convince myself to wear them.

These are canvas US Keds with a crepe sole. I can't seem to find any flat cotton laces that are short enough. 24's are ok but a little long.
Dsc04549.jpg

DSC04551.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

This is a nice summer shoe. You won't believe it but they are STEEL TOE! Look at the heel insole, it says "Lehigh Safety Shoe - Steel Toe Box."
DSC04532.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

These look black but they're actually blue suede and have a "spade" sole.
DSC04535.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

These are a grainy leather and have a cork sole.
DSC04538.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

French toe, a staple of the 30's.
DSC04540.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
sproily said:
So, I went to the recycling center where my girlfriend lives, and found these. They are size 44 which is really big for old shoes, and quite nicely my size.

I feel quite confident that these are a pair of quite old shoes. They are lined with canvas from the inside. Have even a bit of a spadeish leather sole with lots of life expectancy.

They are a kind of Balmoral boot with an odd wingtip. Very thick and heavy leather. No makers mark, except in the sole but has worn out. AKA written in the heel.

Could someone help me with dating these? I have no idea how old these are..

shoes4.jpg

shoes5c.jpg

Crikey those are NOS Sproily (NEW OLD STOCK AKA NEVER USED). How did they end up at the recycling centre? Maybe you need to spend a bit more time over there Sproily...but then you are just going to visit your girlfriend right?....lol :D :eek:

Dinerman said:
I just won these old Nettletons.
Pecards time...

These look black but they're actually blue suede and have a "spade" sole.
DSC04535.jpg

These are a grainy leather and have a cork sole.
DSC04538.jpg

Me wants both! Hand over now...

French toe, a staple of the 30's.
DSC04540.jpg

Marc may correct me here but they are early 50s Florsheims based on me having a pair previously.

Up until a few years ago I had a RIDICULOUS amount of shoes. Many of which were deadstock. Deadstock that I'd had for 10+ years and could never bring myself to wear because they'd lasted this long without seeing asphalt and simply were too beautiful. I decided if I hadn't worn something in 10 years, I probably never would. Off to ebay they went. I'm talking deadstock super ornate brown and white 30's cap toes (those went to Japan), deadstock saddle shoes (those went to Britain), white 30's summer shoes with amazing stitching and perforations. I'm really wishing I had at least kept the pictures from my listings. Oh well, they're just old shoes right?

Blasphemy is banned on the Fedora Lounge shoe forum...so is apostasy...and greed...lol :D :

sproily

Practically Family
cptjeff said:
Or you could wear them and look like a million bucks (or Pounds or Euros).

Anyway, just won these on e-bay:
tn_IMG_1961_001.JPG=600

Some concern about the condition of the sole, but for $25 including shipping, why not?

tn_IMG_1967_001.JPG=600

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390114256264

Anyway, they'll certainly need a polish, and I may need to break out the saddle soap. Now the debate will be to darken them up a bit or not...

I'd definately darken them. But its up to you.

Here are my dress boots after a small shining operation

img4475g.jpg

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
Marc may correct me here but they are early 50s Florsheims based on me having a pair previously.

No, not Florsheim's. Can't make out what it says inside but, it starts with a "Y" and ends with a "t", maybe 4 or 5 letters. I'm fairly certain based on the construction and materials used that they're older than 50's.

Oh, and it'd take a pretty good chunk of change for me to part with the blue suede! Not happening my friend! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe