Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

epr25

Practically Family
You should get your mom to make these and sell them on here. I would buy these!

Aurora said:
DeadPanDiva - What's inside the case? It's got a lovely front, reminds me of walks in the forest on crisp Winter mornings when I lived in the way out in the country - Lovely!

Everyone's doing so well with their purchases - I wish I have some money!

Not so much a purchase, but given to me by my Mum (who made it for me): A crochet cherry brooch from a 1942 pattern - You can see the stuffing, but it's got that lovely Home-Front Make Do And Mend look ;)

SS851951.jpg

La Julia

One of the Regulars
Purchased this, but it does not fit, too small :(

I put the dress on my mannequin now to sell it.

Does anyone know how old it might be?

Thank u :) ( sorry last picture is big)

100_6196.jpg
[/IMG]

100_6203.jpg
[/IMG]

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I went a bit mad buying some vintage items for work over the last few days.

When you bought this jumper you get the skirt for free as the skirt has around 10 moth holes in it (which is a shame) - it is very Lana Turner I reckon:

LemonYellow.jpg

I also got this Adele Simpson suit for a song:

spiceAdeleSimpson2pcDress20001.jpg

I love the simplicity of this suit - the LBD is so timeless:

SilkSuit.jpg

I was wondering if any of you have been able to fix moth holes in your vintage items?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
More buttons! :D

I got all these (plus some crappy ones) for 99¢!

IMG_0479.jpg

I bought the lot mainly for these, because I had a few of these, but didnt know the maker, and now I have 4 full cards!

IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

These Im stranged out about. They are about 1 1/2" wide, metal, but seem too 'cheap' looking to be real old.

IMG_0475.jpg

These are just a 10¢ La Chic card, but I LOVE the design on these.

IMG_0472.jpg

Beautiful German class buttons!

Yay buttons!!

LD

carter

I'll Lock Up
I don't drop by very often.

Miss Neecerie said:
I love nick and nora pj's.....sooo cute

do you have Target where you are? they have them there too....
Miss Neecerie, We do have several. I'll have to check there. Her other pair are red with dogs and dog biscuits. They are cute!

divaabsoluta

New in Town
I´m very happy today because of were I went and what I bought. I went to my local flea-market. First I found an sweet short apron, then a simple dark blue berret and the cutest fur hat, that I want to redo a bit so it becomes a fur tilt hat with some sort of veil or a shawl. Then, just as I was leaving I saw this fur coat hanging with ordinary dull pieces. The coat was in mint condition and had a beautiful lightbrown "golden" look. It looked stunning ! Seemed to be circa 1950´s. The price ? Twentyfive dollars ! Later I went to see a friend who works with fur to find out what kind I had bought. It turns out it´s a...minkcoat!! I bought a minkcoat for 25 dollars! Soooooo happy ! Wore this evening to a theatre event about Dorothy Parkers life with Cole Porter tunes . D

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I bought a lot of 100 McCall patterns today. My cousin chipped in to help, and in return I give her the patterns to wrap up for Christmas. I'm a happy girl! Can't wait to get them so I can look and see them up close. It's actually kind of funny- the pattern for a folk costume looks suspiciously like one I sold on ebay a few years back, and it's got similar packaging with writing to what I do! Wouldn't it be funny to get it back and it be the original pattern I sold? hehe
pl01.jpg

pl02.jpg

pl03.jpg

pl04.jpg

pl05.jpg

pl06.jpg

pl07.jpg

pl08.jpg

pl09.jpg

pl10.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! Yeah, wouldn't it be strange?? hehe. I keep hoping one will pop up someday that a past relative has written on. THAT would be neat.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I got a STUNNING, nearly MINT condition dark brown mink cape by Fur Nakamura. I'm guessing it's 1940's. It's absolutely beautiful, and I got it for only $40! It has the name Mitsue Griffiths embroidered on the inside, which is a lovely touch I think.

These aren't my photos of it, but I found the same one online:

4a9b_1_sbl.JPG

9f0c_1_sbl.JPG

9ccf_1_sbl.JPG

9da6_1_sbl.JPG

I just can't get over what condition it's in! It's amazing!

divaabsoluta

New in Town
pigeon toe said:
I got a STUNNING, nearly MINT condition dark brown mink cape by Fur Nakamura. I'm guessing it's 1940's. It's absolutely beautiful, and I got it for only $40! It has the name Mitsue Griffiths embroidered on the inside, which is a lovely touch I think.

What a beautiful cape and what an amazing good buy ! Congrats! D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe