Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
I have these in 4 different colors. They are super comfy, and I don't do well in heels! There are a few different makers making the exact same shoe, they come in so many different colors. Can't think of the brand that I got off the top of my head, but when I get a chance I'll take a look and get it to you. I googled the brand when I was trying to find a pair and found them through Amazon for really reasonable.

Hmmm you're tempting me to try these! I've never been one for heels (though I think that's because my mum has never worn them and never used to let me wear them, so I don't have the practice :p) except in boots! But I've been wanitng to find some comfortable heels so that I could learn! I love the look of heels, and really want to wear them!

Please do share the name of the company :D

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I have these in 4 different colors. They are super comfy, and I don't do well in heels! There are a few different makers making the exact same shoe, they come in so many different colors. Can't think of the brand that I got off the top of my head, but when I get a chance I'll take a look and get it to you. I googled the brand when I was trying to find a pair and found them through Amazon for really reasonable.

That's nice to know. I haven't finished the dress I'm making to go with them, so I haven't worn them yet. I am thinking about ordering some other colors. The seller on eBay has them for dirt cheap.

olive bleu

One Too Many
My newest Clarkes arrived yesterday, can we say comfy??

1396-458084-3.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
My newest Clarkes arrived yesterday, can we say comfy??

1396-458084-3.jpg

That's a really cute style! And I can just imagine the comfort quotient, I hold Clarks in higher regards than all others in that standard. :) :)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
kamikat said:
They aren't vintage, but they match the fabric for my Easter dress perfectly
sidexlr.jpg

oh please tell me where you get them! never knew they existed in purple!
I neeeeed them! :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
Mmmmm - happy pins!

#1 Silver mesh bow - I lurve bows.

c778_1.JPG

#2 Arrow and heart - I lurve arows and hearts, too! Both from the same seller, so I got a smashing deal!

64b4_1.JPG

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Short Clara, those pins are soooooooooo cute!!

Kamikat, I have been eyeing shoes like that in the mall for some time now. I see the red ones and I keep saying, one day I will wear a pair of those. I'm glad to know someone that has a pair. Please show us the dress you make to go with them, I'm dying to see!

Olive Bleu, I really like that style of Clarks, particularly, the ankle area! It's different and cute! I have a friend that has Clarks and is always raving about how comfy they are. I've decided they are a brand I need to invest in....one of these days!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
ff08_1.JPG

080228brnstrpdrf.jpg

I need to replace the buttons on this one, but I love it. I have had gret luck with ebay latley.

dpd, you really have been having great luck! nice finds lately!

shortclara, that bow is a pin, right? i think you should also incorporate it into a hairdo, a la the "ladies with hair ornaments" thread :D

this week i bought an adorable button-front blouse with puffed sleeves at old navy, as well as a super-wide-leg pair of trousers - white with narrow black stripes. neither are on their website though, and i haven't taken pictures so i have nothing to "show". i also got a great pair of wide-leg, high-waist-ish jeans on clearance at ann taylor loft... which have now disappeared from their website as well! unfortunately both pairs of pants are too long for my short legs, even with heels! i hate hemming things... :rolleyes:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kamikat said:
That's nice to know. I haven't finished the dress I'm making to go with them, so I haven't worn them yet. I am thinking about ordering some other colors. The seller on eBay has them for dirt cheap.

Ooh, I'll have to look them up on ebay!! I've found a pair in a rosy pink that are so pretty that I just didn't buy for some reason, now I can't find them again:( I'll have to look them up on ebay! Thanks:)
I noticed that they have them at BabyGirl Boutique too, and they actually have a new line out that has more of a platform, but they are higher in price.
I got all mine on Amazon, from 2 different stores. I will have to figure out which ones I got where, but I remember that 2 of the pairs were cheaper than the other 2. They were definitely cheaper than other web shoppes, like babygirl..
Oh, and the brand names are Ellie, Bliss and Doll. Pleaser also makes them, but I'm not a big fan of their products. It's seems that as far as I can tell on Amazon, Bliss was the best price, but only by a few dollars. Some brands have hidden internal platforms, some have it on the outside. They are 4 inch heels. They are even cuter in person. If you look up any of these brands on Amazon, all the other brands selling similar shoes should come up at the bottom of the page, so it's pretty easy to shop around for price. Also, if one brand doesn't have your size, at least there are plenty of other brands making the shoe so it shouldn't be too hard to find them. They really are a reasonably priced shoe, and super cute:)

Mojito

One Too Many
Went to the "Way We Wear" vintage fashion fair at their new Sydney location in Hunters Hill this weekend...the move is definitely a success. Some lovely 20s fashion to be had, most of it too small of course, but a few very nice pieces. We found this in one of my favourite dealers' stall - a great price, and in excellent condition. Just a couple of small breaks in the lace. Original silk slip is intact, with no shattering. I love the contrast - I usually don't go for such a strong contrast between slip and overdress, even though it was popular in the 20s, but this is all original so gives an idea of how they accentuated the lace work:

Brownlace.jpg

This was taken at my friend's house, with my new cocktail cabinet in the background (she's babysitting it). Shoes were the only ones I had to hand!

Planning on wearing it with this cloche - similar soutache work on both:
goldcloche.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojito said:
Went to the "Way We Wear" vintage fashion fair at their new Sydney location in Hunters Hill this weekend...the move is definitely a success. Some lovely 20s fashion to be had, most of it too small of course, but a few very nice pieces. We found this in one of my favourite dealers' stall - a great price, and in excellent condition. Just a couple of small breaks in the lace. Original silk slip is intact, with no shattering. I love the contrast - I usually don't go for such a strong contrast between slip and overdress, even though it was popular in the 20s, but this is all original so gives an idea of how they accentuated the lace work:

Brownlace.jpg

This was taken at my friend's house, with my new cocktail cabinet in the background (she's babysitting it). Shoes were the only ones I had to hand!

goldcloche.jpg

Oh my goodness Mojito!! Those are gorgeous!! Really stunning! I am envious. You're all ready for a Gatsby party:) Have fun in them!!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:

Brownlace.jpg

goldcloche.jpg

How did I miss this?!?

Beautiful, Mo!

Mojito

One Too Many
Thank you for all the lovely comments - I'm always so chuffed to find 20s wear down here, as there's only a smaller pool to draw from!

Beginthebeguine, what great conference wear! As I was scrolling down I thought how perfect they would be for work. What colour would you call the suit? It looks a bit more subtle than mustard, but that's what first came to mind. Tan? Ecru?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe