Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My item limit is $33.00

I love it, ^Kimberly!
Me, I'm so excited, my red dress arrived!
DSCN1384.jpg
Thank you, Miss_Bella_Hell! I stole it from her for $19.99 plus postage. It fits perfectly. AND the Avon lipstick in Chili that olive bleu modelled in the show us your lippy thread arrived too! Reasons to go out and celebrate! Just wish there was a real Fedora Lounge but the goth club will have to do. ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

BegintheBeguine said:
I love it, ^Kimberly!
Me, I'm so excited, my red dress arrived!
DSCN1384.jpg
Thank you, Miss_Bella_Hell! I stole it from her for $19.99 plus postage. It fits perfectly. AND the Avon lipstick in Chili that olive bleu modelled in the show us your lippy thread arrived too! Reasons to go out and celebrate! Just wish there was a real Fedora Lounge but the goth club will have to do. ;)

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!! ENJOY IT!! And don't forget to leave positive feedback! ;) :p

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I knew I remembered seeing one on FL somewhere! I have the perfect dress to wear it with. How do you wear yours? :)

I think they look especially cute with sweaters worn with pencil skirts. :)

In the same theme, I also have a leather brooch consisting of a pair of skates dangling from a bar.

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Kimberly. That hat looks great on you:)

I've been wanting to get my hands on issues of the shortly run "Atomic Magazine". I won these two issues, one which focuses on hairstyles:)The actual auction page has better pictures and descriptions. But sadly the pics are small and can't be enlarged[huh], but the detailed descriptions make it sound like I'm gonna like these 2 issues, issue #'s 1 and 13. I hope that I'll be able to get my hands on more of these, and I'm hoping that the price won't be as high either:eek:
large_atomic-01.jpg
large_atomic-13.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
That Ebay Seller

I just have to say that I think it is unfair and in poor taste that you guys are calling her creepy looking, psycho, and make fun of her hairy arms when she isn't here to defend herself. I remember a thread being shut down for this very reason here in the Fedora Lounge. You all moan and groan about how you all hate when people judge you and make fun of you and here you are doing the same crap. (Yes, I just used the c word) It is one thing to warn us and other potential bidders about scrupulous selling behaviors and giving a heads up on a possible bad deal, but for the gals in here and INCLUDING a bartender to say such vicious things about a person's appearance is plain rude and not very GOLDEN AGE behavior. Her appearance is irrelevant to her Ebaying practices. Practice what you preach "ladies".

Edited only for spell check.

Miss_Bella_Hell

LolitaHaze said:
I just have to say that I think it is unfair and in poor taste that you guys are calling her creepy looking, psycho, and make fun of her hairy arms when she isn't here to defend herself. I remember a thread being shut down for this very reason here in the Fedora Lounge. You all moan and groan about how you all hate when people judge you and make fun of you and here you are doing the same crap. (Yes, I just used the c word) It is one thing to warn us and other potencial bidders about scrupulous selling behaviors and giving a heads us on a possible bad deal, but for the gals in here and INCLUDING a bartender to say such vicious things about a person's appearence is plain rude and not very GOLDEN AGE behavior. Her appearence is irrelevant to her Ebaying practices. Practice what you preach "ladies".

You're right of course. I think it all stems from the fact that we don't want to pay that much for her dresses, but we still want the dresses. [sheepish]

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
I just have to say that I think it is unfair and in poor taste that you guys are calling her creepy looking, psycho, and make fun of her hairy arms when she isn't here to defend herself. I remember a thread being shut down for this very reason here in the Fedora Lounge. You all moan and groan about how you all hate when people judge you and make fun of you and here you are doing the same crap. (Yes, I just used the c word) It is one thing to warn us and other potential bidders about scrupulous selling behaviors and giving a heads up on a possible bad deal, but for the gals in here and INCLUDING a bartender to say such vicious things about a person's appearance is plain rude and not very GOLDEN AGE behavior. Her appearance is irrelevant to her Ebaying practices. Practice what you preach "ladies".

Considering that the seller and the model are one in the same, and her modeling is a part of her overall selling scam, I don't know how she would defend herself on any front on this board or any other.[huh] Two wrongs don't make a right of course, but I have read far worse insults elsewhere. And at least in this instance, the wrongs may save someone here their hard-earned money.

Moving on, I picked these up the other day as well. They may be my backup wedding shoes. :)

5d6c_1.JPG

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:

I agree.

Can we please keep discussions of sellers to their -items and business practices-?

Kimberly

Practically Family
JBD, those shoes are fabulous!!! :eusa_clap

Well I was a little bad today ladies.

I started off very good an frugal like I always try to be to justify my addiction to shopping and this is what I got.

A black dress at a yard sale for $10.00. It is vintage and either 40's or 50's.

yardsaledress.jpg

3 bags of costume jewels including this cute little cherry pin. total for all the bags was $6.00

bluejacketcloseup.jpg

A Dressmaker sewing machine that still had new thread on there and I don't think it was used often. I paid $3.00 for it.

And these shoes at a thrift for a dollar ninety-nine.

blackshoeone.jpg

I then went to that vintage shop in Gardner that Viviene had told us about and it was like a feast for the eyes!!! :eek: Her shop is filled with vintage clothes and it was totally overwhelming. I had about $500 of stuff in the dressing room but a lot of it was too big or too small for me. :(.

My goodies are on the next post! :D

Kimberly

Practically Family
This linen dress

greendresscurrent.jpg

I tried on about 10 dresses and most didn't fit. She had this adorable maid dress from the 40's that actually made me dizzy and it was too small. She had this incredle 40's dress and it was too big. This one was just right though. :D

I then had to resort to coats that don't button up all the way to the chest. I am a little busty compared to my waist and these types of jackets allow me to wear vintage and still be comfortable.

First is the brown coat that is very Joan Crawford. It is a junior size and fits me perfectly!

brownjacket.jpg

Here is the back view which I love!

brownbackcurrent.jpg

This is a blue linen blazer I am going to pair up with my vintage linen pencil skirt and red wedges. The cherry pin I bought will also be part of this outfit!! :eusa_clap

bluejacket-1.jpg

Daisy!!! You and JBD HAVE to go out there with me once JBD settles down. The prices are very good and I am sure you will be in sticker shop when you compare the prices of vinage on in Boston. The only things I saw in the store for over $100 were a few coats and a couple of zoot suits. Even the mens suits were reasonably priced though.

I got all three of these for $115!!!! :eek: There are also all kind of boutiques and consignment shops around there but I didn't dare go in because I was afraid of the damage I would do. :D

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
Daisy!!! You and JBD HAVE to go out there with me once JBD settles down. The prices are very good and I am sure you will be in sticker shop when you compare the prices of vinage on in Boston. The only things I saw in the store for over $100 were a few coats and a couple of zoot suits. Even the mens suits were reasonably priced though.

I got all three of these for $115!!!! :eek: There are also all kind of boutiques and consignment shops around there but I didn't dare go in because I was afraid of the damage I would do. :D

Great finds, Kimberly! I'd love for all of us to meet up once I am settled in June. :)

Daisy Buchanan

jitterbugdoll said:
It looks like Port Halcyon is selling the issues directly on their Web site as well, and some aren't as pricey as others. I have the complete run of this mag (I have even wrote a brief article for issue 15), so you can always borrow them if you'd like. :)

http://www.porthalcyon.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=38&osCsid=9488f78533ea7f74fa1ea93f93de4280

Thanks! I'll probably take you up on that offer!:)
I definitely want to see the article that you wrote. I'm gonna keep my eye out for issue 15, maybe I'll be able to get myself a copy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe