Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Gok, that new dress of yours is drop dead georgous!!! Sometimes a break out of the usual scheme is really worth it. To my big surprise I found out in a book on sewing that light green is supposed to flatter my type. Well, I´ll give it a try and buy a fabric in that colour ;)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I just bought two books with pattern.

One is by Lutterloh with about 200 patterns from 1941, but they didn´t post pics (but I have seen pics of that one in other auctions)

And this one that includes 105 patterns.

960f_1_b.JPG

97ac_1.JPG

9887_1.JPG

I guess they are from somewhere between mid 30s/early 40s. They didn´t post the patterns (that´s probably why it went so cheap) but a few photos of the booklet going with it. As soon as I get it I´ll make sure to post some in the vintage pattern section. ;)

I changed my mind about buying nothing at all, but to sell a lot so I don´t just spend money. I put up looooads of ebay-auctions right now and hope those work out fine :D

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
RetroModelSari said:
I just bought two books with pattern.

One is by Lutterloh with about 200 patterns from 1941, but they didn´t post pics (but I have seen pics of that one in other auctions)

And this one that includes 105 patterns.

I guess they are from somewhere between mid 30s/early 40s. They didn´t post the patterns (that´s probably why it went so cheap) but a few photos of the booklet going with it. As soon as I get it I´ll make sure to post some in the vintage pattern section. ;)

I changed my mind about buying nothing at all, but to sell a lot so I don´t just spend money. I put up looooads of ebay-auctions right now and hope those work out fine :D

Hello Sari,

Did you buy The Golden Rule book that was offered in the German ebay? If I had had the money I would have bet on it. But at the moment I am shot of money:(

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Hi Lady de Winter!

Yes, one of the books I bought is a "Golden Rule" one. I just love them and I hope that someday I´ll have all of them (at least from 30s to end of the 50s). I saw a Golden Rule one going for a enormous price in the US so I sell another one I own right now. If that one goes well I might start to do Golden Rule imports to the USA as a side-job ;)

Elaina

One Too Many
Ok, I'm going to have to snag that lime bracelet. That is too cute and I have the PERFECT outfit for it.

Colors: I gave up on doing anything normal years ago. Know that tacky orange? Looks good on me. That puke green? Awesome color on me. Mustard yellow, NOONE can wear? One of my best colors. That hot pink that borders on insane? That blue that overstrode to be grey? All me. If it's on sale and looks bad on 99.9% of the population, I bet I can wear it, pull it off AND make it look good. Normal colors? I look like I need to go to the hospital.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Elaina, sounds like you´re a type like my best friend. She doesn´t are too much about fashion and just throws on stuff she has in her wardrobe. It´s really wild mixes most of the time that would look horrible on everyone else, but on her it looks unbelieveable stylish. Some people just ARE different so the "ordinary" stuff doesn´t match them.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grace, those shoes are great!! Like the bracelet too.
I'm having a rotten day on ebay. I lost a vintage pincurler, a hair magazine from 1943 with the most incredible directions and visuals, and an early twenties flapper dress that was so pretty and the perfect size for me, great embroidery in a light blue. The sad thing about the dress is that nobody bid on it until the last minute of the auction, which is what I always do. I was really not expecting someone to come in and place a bid. I bid higher than I wanted to just in case this would happen, and I still got outbid by one dollar fifty cents! So infuriating. I don't know how she did it either, I was the high bidder with 12 seconds left, somehow she managed to get her higher bid in, in that short amount of time. Golly, her internet connection must be incredibly fast. I have high speed and I need at least 25 seconds, usually I play it safe with 40, to place a bid. HoHum, another one bites the dust. I'm glad to see that you ladies are having better luck than me......

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
I'm having a rotten day on ebay. I lost a vintage pincurler, a hair magazine from 1943 with the most incredible directions and visuals, and an early twenties flapper dress that was so pretty and the perfect size for me, great embroidery in a light blue. The sad thing about the dress is that nobody bid on it until the last minute of the auction, which is what I always do. I was really not expecting someone to come in and place a bid. I bid higher than I wanted to just in case this would happen, and I still got outbid by one dollar fifty cents! So infuriating. I don't know how she did it either, I was the high bidder with 12 seconds left, somehow she managed to get her higher bid in, in that short amount of time. Golly, her internet connection must be incredibly fast. I have high speed and I need at least 25 seconds, usually I play it safe with 40, to place a bid. HoHum, another one bites the dust. I'm glad to see that you ladies are having better luck than me......

DAISY! How do you not know about esnipe.com? It places a proxy bid for you 6 seconds before the auction ends. It's a must if you don't want to get caught in bidding wars!

GOK

One Too Many
I agree with Bella. I used to think that snipe programs were a tad unethical but I changed my mind because of the time difference between here and the States. Frankly, if I am going to stay up all night until 5am, I want it to be for something far more exciting than bidding on Ebay! ;)

Besides, it seems that everyone uses snipes now, so it's a case of not being able to beat them, so having to join them.

Sorry you lost out on those things Daisy - I know how you feel. :(

Daisy Buchanan

GOK said:
I agree with Bella. I used to think that snipe programs were a tad unethical but I changed my mind because of the time difference between here and the States. Frankly, if I am going to stay up all night until 5am, I want it to be for something far more exciting than bidding on Ebay! ;)

Besides, it seems that everyone uses snipes now, so it's a case of not being able to beat them, so having to join them.

Sorry you lost out on those things Daisy - I know how you feel. :(
Thanks GOK! It was a sad night in the Spielberg house, but today is a new day, with more items up for auction!

I used to think it was wrong to snipe. I figured I'd play it fair, it's just the way I was. But now, especially after the past few months of loss I've had on e-bay, I'm totally gonna use a sniper service. I'm also going out and buying a new router for my wireless. Mine's about four years old and out dated. I think the new ones have better performance and will work better with the high speed service I have. Golly, this really seems like a lot to go through just to win a dress or a pair of shoes. But, as GOK says "if you can't beat em' join em" Watch out ebay, Daisy's going shopping!! And she's gonna win this time!!! I am certainly determined......

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:

Oh that stinks!! I like to say that everything happens for a reason~ something better is out there just for you!

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks GOK! It was a sad night in the Spielberg house, but today is a new day, with more items up for auction!

I used to think it was wrong to snipe. I figured I'd play it fair, it's just the way I was. But now, especially after the past few months of loss I've had on e-bay, I'm totally gonna use a sniper service. I'm also going out and buying a new router for my wireless. Mine's about four years old and out dated. I think the new ones have better performance and will work better with the high speed service I have. Golly, this really seems like a lot to go through just to win a dress or a pair of shoes. But, as GOK says "if you can't beat em' join em" Watch out ebay, Daisy's going shopping!! And she's gonna win this time!!! I am certainly determined......

Rawrrrr - go Daisy! lol Honestly, it really has got to the point where the only way you stand a chance of getting what you want is to be as ruthless as everyone else. I hate that. That's not me. But when it's a bag or a pair of shoes, what's a gal to do? ;)

EZ Sniper gives you three free snipes to start you off and then charges a stupidly low price. I put in about $10 every four months or so and that keeps me covered.

Daisy Buchanan

GOK said:
Rawrrrr - go Daisy! lol Honestly, it really has got to the point where the only way you stand a chance of getting what you want is to be as ruthless as everyone else. I hate that. That's not me. But when it's a bag or a pair of shoes, what's a gal to do? ;)

EZ Sniper gives you three free snipes to start you off and then charges a stupidly low price. I put in about $10 every four months or so and that keeps me covered.
Thanks GOK, I was wondering which service to use. Some of them charge ridiculous amounts, which really isn't worth it to me. I'm gonna sign up for this one you recommend. Heck, if it's the only way I'm ever gonna win anything on ebay, then I'm gonna do it.
Yahoo! I shouldn't admit this in a public forum, but I just joined EZ snipe. It was so easy, no pun intended, and their prices certainly are the best out of all the sniping services I looked at. I feel badly, for it's kind of like cheating. But, everyone's doing it. I wish I could say this will prevent me from staying up til' the wee hours of the morning to bid on auctions. However, I'll want to know if I won those late night auctions, so I'll probably end up staying up anyway! At least I won't have the stress of getting my bid in at the perfect time, then having my computer crash at the last minute! Thanks for the link GOK.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lauren said:
I just bought this on ebay this evening. I won it for under $20 :)
7679_1_b.JPG

I just got my dress in the mail and it fits perfect! Horray! The thing that's funny is the sleeves and the piping of the neck are a different shade of yellow- on purpose! The sleeves are tulip style, too, and have tiny little handsewing hems, and the skirt is cut in gores so it's swishy :) I'll try to take better pics, but I forgot my camera at home today.

Grace

Vendor
Lauren!! That dress is beyond gorgeous! How on earth do you always find these gorgeous dresses for such great prices?

I swear, I get outbid on EVERYTHING I bid on. The pink heels and the lime bracelet I just bought were BIN, otherwise I'm sure I would've lost out on those, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe