Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks LD ! I got them from a seller in London who is in a tiny antiques arcade.
You can find plenty of similar items on Ruby Lane, duettes are just great as they can be used in so many different ways.
One tip is to look for one that still leaves you with a decent pin once the clips have been unclipped as some of the cheaper ones clip out and all you get left with is an empty frame that you can't wear on it's own. Always check the pics if you are buying from the internet or ask for extra pics if you can't see clearly.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Not at all!
Dreamtime at Angel Islington, oh and if you do get to go make sure you mention that Lisa sent you please!!!! ;)

ladyk

Familiar Face
AllaboutEve said:
Not at all!
Dreamtime at Angel Islington, oh and if you do get to go make sure you mention that Lisa sent you please!!!! ;)

Ah I know exactly where you mean. I got some wonderful 40's patterns and a heavenly hat from Cloud Cuckoo Land round the corner a couple of weeks ago. You can pick up some realy treasures in that area. I shall certainly make a point of taking a closer look at Dreamtime next time I head that way though. And I will :)

x

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
It is a good area I agree! I have to say that Annie's on the corner is very expensive but like you say Cloud Cuckoo Land is great. Also check out Eclectica the vintage jewellery shop next door to Cloud Cuckoo but one, they have some great pieces in there too.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I bought two magazines with patterns.

One 50s:

95_1_b.JPG

And one from 1935:
54_1_b.JPG

Let´s hope they fature a looot of dresses in my size ;) I might post some pics when I get them. I try to get some 40s magazines, too... If I suceed you get to see those tommorow...

maisie

Practically Family
db_1_b1-1.jpg

My new jumper, it is really cute and hopefully i can pair it with a pair of high waisted white trousers, just like in the original picture!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh my gosh, Maise! That's been on my "wish list" for a while. It's simply adorable!

And Sari, I love the patterns! Those magazines with patterns in them are too cool!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
I love everyone's fantastic finds! I collect sportswear and I'm always looking for accessories to go with the clothing. A big want is always bathing shoes. Rubber ones are especially hard to find in good condition, so I was thrilled to find these on eBay a few weeks back:

usrubber%20001.jpg

I got them to go with this 40s swimsuit:

swim40.jpg

Now for a matching rubber cap...

Lizzie:)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
A great match Lizzie!!!

After just reading good reviews I bought this pattern:

6b_1.JPG

I plan to make two versions. One in choclate-brown and cream-coloured satin and one for a more everyday-use in black and white Cotton just like on the cover or in a pepita fabric - depends on if I ever find pepita-fabric *sigh*. But the Cotton will have to wait until I have my first sewing maschine. Since the satin will be harder to sew I´ll do that oe in my sewing classes.

maisie

Practically Family
WOW! I love that swimsuit! Did you get that recently as it will look totally great on!! And you gotta love the print!

Sunny

One Too Many
Sunday's acquisition:

17front2.jpg
17back2.jpg

It seems to be homemade, and doesn't scream "1940s!" or anything else, but for some reason it really caught my eye. Maybe it's the color. I love dresses, but so many are either black or tan or olive-ish. I can wear black, but only just. And in tan or olive I look like something that's been dead in the water for three days. :p But blue I can do. I like the sash/wrap belt, too. All too rare for the belt or sash to survive.
But is it too little-girlish? I don't know. I'm tall (5"9') and really don't want to look like an overgrown grade-schooler. [huh]

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
maisie said:
db_1_b1-1.jpg

My new jumper, it is really cute and hopefully i can pair it with a pair of high waisted white trousers, just like in the original picture!!

Just gorgeous! you may try matching it with some chocolate brown pants!
I'm soooo jealous! I'm not sure that I'm either tall or slim enough to wear an outfit like that but I'm still jealous!!!!lol lol
Did someone knit that for you?

maisie

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
Just gorgeous! you may try matching it with some chocolate brown pants!
I'm soooo jealous! I'm not sure that I'm either tall or slim enough to wear an outfit like that but I'm still jealous!!!!lol lol
Did someone knit that for you?

Ohh, brown that would go great as well! And me, tall yes, slim maybe:rolleyes: !
Yes there is a great seller on ebay who knits from original patterns, i have had three jumpers off her and you would swear they are originals as they are knitted so well, and sometimes even from vintage wool!
I have a lovely black and kelly green one as well, which looks great with black pants, and at the moment i'm looking to have patriotic one made by her too!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Please excuse the awful photographs! I did this late at night and forgot to use the white balance. Here are my purchases from the Santa Monica Vintage Fashion Expo:

10_2006026.jpg

1950's sweater shirt

10_2006031.jpg

10_2006028.jpg

10_2006029.jpg

Gorgeous deadstock dress from the 50's, I'm in love with the rhinestone buttons!

10_2006033.jpg

Cute hankie & deadstock (I already lost the card it came on!) barette

barette.jpg

Close-up of the barette

KAT

A-List Customer
girls...i got my H BAR C Western pants in the mail today and im cryyyyyyyyyyyying! They are all to freakin biiig! well I either lost sooooooooo many inches on my waist and hipline in the past few days or something is wrong with my measurement system duuuuuuuh
the inches on those pants are really 26. and my waist is 25.sooooo how can it be that my pants are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge? weird. I might be able to take fabric out to alter them down?!
Im soo dissapointed:( cause they are in mint condition, no holes nothing! i guess never been worn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe