Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I bought new glasses! Yay!!
glasses2.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Picture5-1.png

Considering I lost out on this gem about 6 months ago to the tune of $250, I dont mind that this one has a 'damaged' cover, considering I got it for $30 :D

Yay! Ill post pictured in the 40s wardrobe thread soon.

LD

:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW! I'm speechless, that is phenomenal!!
Oh yes please post some pictures!!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I love those frames! I need some fancy frames but I always seem to settle for something vintagey looking from the ones covered by my vision plan.

Inky

One Too Many
love those frames Lauren! come january I will be on the hunt for some vintage frames in earnest!

I got this on eBay for more than it should be, but alas, not the kind of thing I can ever find in our meager thrift/antique/junk shops. looks to be in good shape and now I don't have to do wet sets with thinking too much ahead of schedule (and I can try Lolita's perm rod sets!)

3971615639_7fd03fe83f_o.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
love those frames Lauren! come january I will be on the hunt for some vintage frames in earnest!

I got this on eBay for more than it should be, but alas, not the kind of thing I can ever find in our meager thrift/antique/junk shops. looks to be in good shape and now I don't have to do wet sets with thinking too much ahead of schedule (and I can try Lolita's perm rod sets!)

3971615639_7fd03fe83f_o.jpg

It's official inky...get out of my head. I just bought this:
http://www.hottools.com/product_detail.cfm?brand=pro&product=1051

It's not vintage but the price was right...i also am getting my sister's old perm rods to do Lolita's sets too...seriously, this is why i got it.

Inky

One Too Many
*martini*time* said:
It's official inky...get out of my head. I just bought this:
http://www.hottools.com/product_detail.cfm?brand=pro&product=1051

It's not vintage but the price was right...i also am getting my sister's old perm rods to do Lolita's sets too...seriously, this is why i got it.

Martini, I am now officially scared - and we didn't even discuss it in advance!! If we ever meet in person there may be a rift in time or something.

Bombshell Becca - I'm not sure at all, it's been decades since I've used a bonnet dryer, but I liked this one because not only was it pink (!) and had a mirror but it also has 4 temp settings, so hopefully it won't be more than an hour or so - my hair is thick, coarse and wavy. I do a wet set on dry hair and wet it with a spray bottle and setting lotion, so it's not actually "wet." I'll let you know though after I get it and try it out!

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
not so much a purchase as a gift from my mother - this set of samsonite suitcases that had belonged to my great-grandmother and are monogrammed with her initials HLG. I have coveted these cases for a long time and am thrilled to have them. this weekend we ran away from home and I used them!

3940579683_e241b2e3e8.jpg

Love it~ That blue is so pretty.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inky said:
Martini, I am now officially scared - and we didn't even discuss it in advance!! If we ever meet in person there may be a rift in time or something.

Bombshell Becca - I'm not sure at all, it's been decades since I've used a bonnet dryer, but I liked this one because not only was it pink (!) and had a mirror but it also has 4 temp settings, so hopefully it won't be more than an hour or so - my hair is thick, coarse and wavy. I do a wet set on dry hair and wet it with a spray bottle and setting lotion, so it's not actually "wet." I'll let you know though after I get it and try it out!
I use my mom's old one - it's also pink! I'd say on a hot setting you should expect more than an hour. No more than two though.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Inky said:

That looks to be in exceptional condition.

For those looking of you for one, you might want to try estate sales. I run across them on a fairly regular basis at sales (not as nice as Inky's ;) but still..).

And great glasses Lauren!

zendy

A-List Customer
It's is snowing here in Idaho so what better way to welcome the next 8-10 months of freeze than with adorable new cloche hat!
cloche.jpg

YAY hats!

swinggal

One Too Many
I juts bought this wonderfully 30's inspired black satin dress on ebay. It's actually brand new and is by one of my favourite fashion labesl here -'Review'. They make a lot of very vintage inspired clothing. Review always have such lovely details to their pieces and I love the side pleats on the arms here and the long cuffs. This is $249 in the shops...got it new on ebay for $91. I shall wear it to my friends wedding :)

!B,W+P0Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBKrO8bot)Q~~_35.JPG

5_f.jpg

4_f.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe