Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
These are my latest crush. I searched high and low for a reasonable pair of these after seeing a pair a friend had, only hers had a spike heel. I found these and loved them more. Now the monumental task of breaking them in begins...

sixsexsix

Practically Family
yum
DSC01205.jpg

yum
DSC01305.jpg

sixsexsix

Practically Family
thanks! they had a second pair in brown suede but they were a half size too big - if they had been a tad smaller i would have gotten both!

Emer

One of the Regulars
@Lusti Weather--I buy nylons in bulk! I always end up putting my finger nails through the stockings and making huge runs or rips in them. :mad:

@Zendy--I agree. How funny you should say "60's remake" because that's exactly what era my dress is from, early 60's! lol

@Aorta--Coin purses are the best. I think their mere existance screams vintage, since most wallets these days have the coin purse built in. Hmm... now you have me wanting one...

@Analiebe--Red saddles!! ::swoon:: I didn't know they came in different colors.

Blondie

Practically Family
Inky said:
Congrats, analiebe! I was watching those too and if I hadn't already bought my red/white muffy saddles I'd have snatched those up - I love the toe shape!
We three must all have around about the same size feet ! ;)
I can wear anything between a 10 or 11 depending on how much i love the shoe, the style and the make.
I was also watching this auction, they are fab , i have the muffys brown & white that are very similar to these.

PS

A-List Customer
great finds everyone! the shoes are really amazing!
not vintage but a classic peice for me. i found this dress today at Marshalls on clearance for 15 bucks and found it on the nordstrom site for 118.00. Talk about a deal!
_5852396.jpg

I am curvier so its much more va va voom! I love it.

Lollipop

Familiar Face
^ Very pretty dress.

Ergh..Been trying to upload the pictures since yesterday..for some reason, It wouldn't work, But anyway..This isn't clothes or shoes, or anything of that sort...But it tis Vingtage. It is a Cosmetology Textbook from 1939-1945.. I'm a bit of a weirdo and enjoy reading Cosmetology Textbooks, I have quite a few of the "modern" day(including my mothers old textbook from the 80s), and I think it's pretty cool to see how it differs from today. So, I'm very excited to have this book...Anyway, Sorry for the links. I couldn't get the pictures to show up.

Here is the cover of the book:
Lindsey_Bear

And Here's a few pages out of the book(Sorry for the blurryness!)

I think this is part of the pin curl section, and this shows how to do a back roll
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/Lindsey_Bear/?action=view&current=266.jpg

This is the page that I thought was cool...My moms friend has a old fashion perm, or curling machine that they used back when. It's sitting in their school, I'll put pictures up of it, when I get the chance, If ya'll want...But this is the page that showed how to roll the hair up in the machine clamper:
Lindsey_Bear

P

Paul

I do not always have anything interesting to show in this thread today I might have as I have just bought this hat today,

It was made in the USA , Black velvet with satin band at the front a black feather trimming with two rhinestones in the fether

Can I ask a just one question what date do you think it could be from?

1950hat.jpg

Thank you
My vintage fashion collection is online here
www.Paulinedelaware.net

analiebe

A-List Customer
beautiful find paul... i now have a severe case of hat envy!...
i've got one which is a similar shape, also velvet but with flower detailing rather than feathers... mine was given to me from a customers' mothers estate... it was late 30's i'm guessing yours is too

P

Paul

analiebe said:
beautiful find paul... i now have a severe case of hat envy!...
i've got one which is a similar shape, also velvet but with flower detailing rather than feathers... mine was given to me from a customers' mothers estate... it was late 30's i'm guessing yours is too

It did catch my eye as cute, it's interesting what you say about the age, the dealer marked mine as 30's , then we had a re think as the condition of mine looked to good to me to be 30's, so we decided it might be more 50's.

I been looking now at my fashion books after reading your post and this style or simular was around in the mid 30's ( yours), and it come back in 1955 /56 from the photos in the book so mine might be still 50's maybe feathers are cheeper alternative than a flower which can happen when styles come back if not then it has to be 30's.
What ever both of them will look great.
Thank you for this...

analiebe

A-List Customer
you're so welcome doll... i was thinking it may be possible to date your hat more precisely perhaps by the type of feathers used perhaps... i don't know too much about whether there were certain feathers used more in the 30's and others in the 50's... i did find this link for you though

Lollipop

Familiar Face
Thanks, Blondie!

And it looks terrifying! It's got all these clip attached to cords hanging down...I've got a few pictures I took last night..I'll post 'em.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I got this 30's black velvet dress from Dandelion Vintage :D

IMG_4337.JPG
IMG_4344.JPG

The sleeves are very nice, but it is difficult to show them in pictures, here a couple of silly poses :p

IMG_4368.JPG
IMG_4347.JPG

The belt was not included. I bought the buckle on Ebay and attached this ivory fabric.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Thank you!! I love the sleeves too :)
I cheat with the mouth, though ;) oh and that is bed hair lol it is just curly [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld