Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:
I bet that was neat. The other day I was searching through the old posts on weddings and I saw your dress link (soooo pretty) and your cake topper ( really neat, yet classy- was kinda wondering about a Star wars cake topper I must admit but I really liked it-lol) Also, I got my dress, crisis averted, and it's beautiful!
I'm so glad you got the dress fiasco settled and that all is well. Oh and thanks about the cake topper and dress. I'm rather fond of them myself too.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Sweetheart Pins

The ones that I have trouble finding sometimes are the Marine Corps ones. I collect Marine Corps almost exclusively ( I have some "E" pins and the Blue Start Pins, and V pins but for the most part I stick with marines) and those can be some of the hardest to track down. I've seen some really awsome ones but then the price soars and I have my limitations....
Nash

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just got this vintage fox stole on ebay for buy-it-now of $20! Yay! I thought that was a pretty good price :)
0f_1.JPG

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just bought these shoes:

Cabaret.jpg

I thought they were pretty vintagey, to wear under trousers and such. I don't have any nice, leather, closed toe shoes for autumn. These are supposed to be dance shoes, but they are very comfy and well made so I thought what the hell and got them anyway!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally, I win some dresses on ebay!

Vivienne and Fleur, those are great purchases. Fleur, I have a pair of similar shoes from a dance store, with a peep toe. They are so very comfortable. They have a lot of flex to them, which makes them very easy to walk in. Your pair will look great with trousers.
Vivienne, that hat is great, and that dress is really cool. I bet you'll look fantastic in it. What a fun dress.
Well, I finally won something on ebay, yahooo!! I was diligent with my timing of my bid, and ended up getting it in with only one second remaining and put in a higher than I wanted maximum bid to make sure that I had a big enough margin to outbid anyone else. My plan finally worked. It is a lot of three dresses. The first two are said to be in excellent condition and both have the original talon zippers. The last one is in over all good condition. It just needs a seam reinforcement at the waist, and I think parts of the hem need to be re-sewn. Really not anything serious, that my tailor couldn't fix for me in a few days. I'm especially happy with this purchase because this is the second time these dresses came to auction. The first time they were up the seller had a high buy it now price, and also a high reserve. I guess she realized that she couldn't get the outrageous amount that she wanted, so the second time around she lowered both the reserve and the buy it now price. I thought about using the buy it now option, but while I was contemplating it, someone put in a bid, and the option went away. I'm glad I did not, because I ended up getting them for a lot less than she was asking in buy it now. It ended up averaging out to a pretty good price for each dress. I have definitely paid less for individual dresses, but what I paid seems to be the going rate for these kind of dresses. I just hope they are as nice in person as they look on ebay. I haven't had the best luck with ebay sellers lately. I tend to end up buying from people who haven't been all that honest about size and condition. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one. Well, I sure have gone on long enough! Here's the link if you want to see the dresses from other angles and with more detail.
Thanks for letting me share them with you! You gals are great, if I showed them to any of my friends around here, they just wouldn't get it. I know you ladies will understand my excitement about finally winning pretty dresses on the bay. Sorry for such gigantic pictures, I tried to make them smaller, but for some reason they keep coming up huge.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
So pretty!

I was eyeing those very dresses a couple of days ago, Daisy. The first is exquisite.

Congratulations!

Nashoba

One Too Many
OMG Daisy those are GORGEOUS. I love the one at the far right. I'm trying to spend less time on ebay lately, I've spent too much on gloves, shoes and patterns lately.
But those, those are gorgeous!
Nash

P

Paul

Sounds as if you are on a roll Daisy,
One thing is certain they will all look better on you than the mannequin, my l favourite is also the far right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82