Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

michou1930

New in Town
The description says that it is made of silver, metal and galalith which is a plastic invented in Germany by the end of the 19th century and is made of milk.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1015.jpg

I LOVE home works books published by the government. This one is from the mid 40s (a late 50s reprint) and by the USDA!

And one more item...

2b55_1.JPG

I missed out on a set of these before, so was happy to find a set at LESS than the ones I missed prior. WHoo Hoo!

LD

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
o my

Laura Chase said:
Well, this isn't quite a purchase, it was a gift from my boyfriend. I'm so excited about this, I would even go as far as saying that it's my new favorite thing. It's a beautifully decorated retractable powder puff from the 20's, in mint condition, in the original box, with the original instructions manual and everything. It can be opened (the swan down puff can be unscrewed) and you can put powder in it.

The instructions manual still has the original retailer stamp on it, it says:

Molinard Parfumeur
52, Boulevard Victor-Hugo
Grasse (Alp-Marit)

Grasse is near Nice, right? I'm imagining it was once owned by a fancy Côte d’Azur lady... :)

3295163678_2c451c16a4.jpg

3295148860_4967875638.jpg

3294339005_5778c6114a.jpg

3295157020_405721ae29.jpg

3295153436_dd0cc386a1.jpg

See more (and larger) photos here.

when I worked in a top-end vintage store about 20 years ago, we had one of these in much worse shape, and it was the only one I ever have seen until now. And we were asking, and got, $250.00 for it (and that's 1980s dollars, so that's a lot of money).

IO suggest never using it, as much fun as it would be to use it, as it is truly a rare and magnificent museum-quality item! What a nice gift!

And Grasse is the center of the perfume industry.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've gone a bit nutty about Womens Institute sewing books lately. I purchased these shown (for only $20.50!) as well as one on Tailoring (1925) and one of Sewing For Profit (1939)
4104_12.JPG

I also bought this book, but not that copy. I found it on Biblio.com for $9! And it was written by the woman who created the Woman's Institute.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Lauren said:
I've gone a bit nutty about Womens Institute sewing books lately. I purchased these shown (for only $20.50!) as well as one on Tailoring (1925) and one of Sewing For Profit (1939)
4104_12.JPG

I also bought this book, but not that copy. I found it on Biblio.com for $9! And it was written by the woman who created the Woman's Institute.

What a strange coincidence - in a design meeting I had today somebody got out a copy of the lingerie book from that series to show me!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
when I worked in a top-end vintage store about 20 years ago, we had one of these in much worse shape, and it was the only one I ever have seen until now. And we were asking, and got, $250.00 for it (and that's 1980s dollars, so that's a lot of money).

IO suggest never using it, as much fun as it would be to use it, as it is truly a rare and magnificent museum-quality item! What a nice gift!

And Grasse is the center of the perfume industry.

I'm surprised! Thank you so much for letting me know, now I'm completely certain I will never use it. I asked my boyfriend if he had paid a lot for it, he paid $50, so I guess it was a steal.

Mojito

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Well, this isn't quite a purchase, it was a gift from my boyfriend. I'm so excited about this, I would even go as far as saying that it's my new favorite thing. It's a beautifully decorated retractable powder puff from the 20's, in mint condition, in the original box, with the original instructions manual and everything. It can be opened (the swan down puff can be unscrewed) and you can put powder in it.

The instructions manual still has the original retailer stamp on it, it says:

Molinard Parfumeur
52, Boulevard Victor-Hugo
Grasse (Alp-Marit)

Grasse is near Nice, right? I'm imagining it was once owned by a fancy Côte d’Azur lady... :)

3295163678_2c451c16a4.jpg
Oh, that is just gorgeous! What a find! Both so pretty and so clever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe