Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here are some things I got yesterday from a collector/dealer friend of mine who's just trying to clean house. In addition to these, I got 6 pair of vintage seamless stockings and a vintage black taffeta pencil skirt. These are the real gems though!

Pink plastic hand mirror with glitter. My best guess is 50s, but I don't really know much about these. The mirror is in great shape and has a bevel around the edge.
pinkmirror.jpg

This fantastic compact! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to close very tight. One side of it does not go down all the way, as if there's a slight bend in it someplace. Maybe I can take it to a jeweler to have it fixed? It has never been used.
compact.jpg

compactinside.jpg

And the most absurdly ridiculous purse I have ever seen. I LOVE it!
plasticpurse.jpg

plasticpurseclose.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
That purse is awesome.
You see the coloring of your mirror. One of my first pair of stockings (not pantyhose) were just like that. Pink and glittery. I have been looking for years for those again.
Just because. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal said:
That purse is awesome.
You see the coloring of your mirror. One of my first pair of stockings (not pantyhose) were just like that. Pink and glittery. I have been looking for years for those again.
Just because. lol

My friend has a lavender pair like that - they're very pretty. What size do you wear? PM me if you're interested.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
This from Givenchy. It's a nice pink colour for cheeks and lips and it's beautiful.
Was expensive but my mum chipped in for me and it's limited edition and nearly sold out.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
My best friend brought me this beautiful set home from the US!
I seriously doubt it has ever been used. Seems like some lady got it tailored for her and never used it. It has no tags and looks like it was man-made, when I look at the inner seams. ;)
It looks a bit frumpy on the hanger but it fits me like a glove and gives me the waist I've never had! I feel positively New Look in it. :)
I am tempted to buy some sort of Rago shaper to put under it now, though. lol
I can't wait for winter/fall so I can wear it!

Would you say it's early, mid or late 50s?

(It's more of a darker pewter irl)
2813087347_7c792313dc.jpg
2813087629_bea8e27256.jpg

2813939200_1db3ff003a.jpg

It also has a thin waist-belt put I forgot it in the pictures. ;)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tinseltown, that's really nice, and you can use the bolero by itself as well and boleros are very becoming and flattering on most people.

I'm not very good at dating clothing within a decade, but for that one I'd say late 50's, maybe even 1960? It's just a gut feeling though.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
That was what I was thinking too! I actually wore the bolero with a black dress yesterday. :D
Oh and it's nice finding something genuinely vintage in my size. :)

Foofoogal

Banned
Mojito sort of inspired me on the yellow.
Looks like we are also out of the woods on the hurricane except maybe rain coming.
So now I have a lovely yellow sweater and looking high and low for the right necklace. I have a new kick of picking up sweater guards to go with my sweater. May be the only gal in Texas wearing them but I do not care. They are handy and cute.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I want them!

Odalisque said:
I picked these lovelies on etsy. And horrors...they don't fit. :rage: Cruel world and all that.

EbayShoes005.jpg

What size are your feet? What size are they? Are they anywhere near a 6.5 or 7 very wide? They are exquisite! Maybe I have something to trade you...

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Well, unfortunately I put them up on ebay. I couldn't stand having them around and not being able to wear them.:eek: There aren't any bids yet so I can still remove them if your interested.

They measure 9 3/4 long and 2 3/4 across the ball of the foot. Not quite what I would call wide width. (I have very wide feet) But I'm a bit ignorant about shoe sizes so if you think they might fit, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld