Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShortClara

One Too Many
The Shirt... hold on... having trouble typing. Holy. Cow. Mine are all in plastic bins. My hubby would sooner let me sell myself to a brothel than let me do what you have done. lol Maybe someday when I can get my own sitting room... !

Just marvelous! Now, where do you live...? Heh heh heh (that was an evil laugh)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
The Shirt... hold on... having trouble typing. Holy. Cow. Mine are all in plastic bins. My hubby would sooner let me sell myself to a brothel than let me do what you have done. lol Maybe someday when I can get my own sitting room... !

Just marvelous! Now, where do you live...? Heh heh heh (that was an evil laugh)
I have already threatend to take all her purses and I'm closer.

Just kidding...seriously :whistling

The Shirt

Practically Family
I can do whatever I want on my walls! The glory of living alone - heh heh.
Wait I shouldn't have said alone - I have a real big guard dog trained to take out those who attempt to steal my stash of bags. Yeah a real big dog.

MissHannah

One Too Many
This little baby arrived from Ebay US today. In dire need of an iron obviously but really cute. It buttons up the back and the label says MORLOVE The Couturier Blouse. It has 8 rows of tiny stitching around the neckline - it's detailing like that that gets me salivating over a plain cream blouse!

blouse.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
Wait I shouldn't have said alone - I have a real big guard dog trained to take out those who attempt to steal my stash of bags. Yeah a real big dog.

HA Ha! It's out now! I know the truth!

DPD, I love the idea of us being glamorous partners in crime. Call me baby! ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:

Details like that are why I love vintage--it's adorable even before you've ironed it too!

Off topic, but I love what's on your bookshelves--Cindy Sherman, rhyming dictionary. I'm such a bookshelf snoop--maybe I should start a thread "take a picture of one of your bookshelves".

MissHannah

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Details like that are why I love vintage--it's adorable even before you've ironed it too!

Off topic, but I love what's on your bookshelves--Cindy Sherman, rhyming dictionary. I'm such a bookshelf snoop--maybe I should start a thread "take a picture of one of your bookshelves".

Oh people's bookshelves are like little samples of who they are aren't they? The Cindy Sherman is an obvious one I suppose - she's all about dressing up!

I also got this adorable ring from Accessorize. Not vintage but oh-so-pretty:

ring.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
The Shirt has to win the award for innovate storage techniques - not only a great display, but so practical.

MissHannah, it's nice to see that the sort of jewelery we used to see in carved Bakelite is "in" this season!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Oh people's bookshelves are like little samples of who they are aren't they? The Cindy Sherman is an obvious one I suppose - she's all about dressing up!

I also got this adorable ring from Accessorize. Not vintage but oh-so-pretty:

ring.jpg

Cute ring! It's very similar to art deco celluloid designs which seem to be popular in high street shops at the moment. I've got a large pair of earrings similar to your ring but in red. The Accessorize sale was great, I picked up some cute hair flowers and clips with 70% off.

I've been naughty and bought so much lately. I'm most excited about receiving this 1941-42 edition of the Chicago Mail Order Company catalogue. I paid £20 for it but considering it's over 550 pages it's definitely worth it! :D

ChicagoMailOrderCo194142.jpg

ChicagoMailOrderCo_1.jpg

ChicagoMailOrderCo_3.jpg

ChicagoMailOrderCo_4.jpg

I also got 2 smaller catalogues from the same seller -

AldenChicagoCatalogues1947.jpg

aldenscatalogue3.jpg

aldenscatalogue2.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I found two dresses for super cheap at a thrift store yesterday.

This one is velvet, and I have no idea how old it is. It has great details on the back but it turned out to be way too small for me. There are no tags but the zipper looks pretty new. What do you ladies think?
2186576960_2a5e234f7b.jpg

2186578350_ea9a1ccb4e.jpg

This one is probably 80s? 90s? but it looked 40s inspired to me so I got it.
2185795237_22fec1b73d.jpg

2186578300_5f46f9ce23.jpg

anabolina

A-List Customer
Wow Sarah Louise, I love your catalog, all that wonderful clothes. <hmmm> And I love your new dresses Audrey, they look beautiful.

Okay, and here's my latest buys.

Pair of sunglasses:
newthrift007.jpg

Pair of shoes:
newthrift012.jpg

newthrift013.jpg

Miss Brill

One Too Many
My finds--

Like new, green wool bag with an odd handle/clasp (from Garay--it was $12 has a mirror & comb):
045-1.jpg

Victorian match safe--it was $15:
046-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

And hats...

This scarf-thing was $3 (it looks dirty in the pic [huh] ):
060.jpg

And this was $5:
058.jpg

059.jpg

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Pretty!

Oh Miss Brill, your "scarf-thing"...is it possibly an ear warmer that ties under the chin? They were going for too-much-for-what-they-were at Urban Outfitters and in scary colors too. I just saw the pearly leaves on yours and went "aww". Awesome bag, too.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Thanks!

Ear warmer! That is what I couldn't think of! lol

I started to buy it a couple months ago, and I put it back, then they still had it, so I got it. It looks cute on too. They would be soooo easy to knit if anyone knits (great for resell!).

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
This little baby arrived from Ebay US today. In dire need of an iron obviously but really cute. It buttons up the back and the label says MORLOVE The Couturier Blouse. It has 8 rows of tiny stitching around the neckline - it's detailing like that that gets me salivating over a plain cream blouse!

blouse.jpg

Ultra cute, I love the simple things with attention to details. :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Some Daniel Green's:
ae5f_1.JPG

and this:
dscn7518op3.jpg

Not vintage, it's Anthropologie. Still reeling over the price, but I lusted after it for so long I couldn't hold off any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe