Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
Awesome suit. Exactly the suit I'd buy. What label is inside?
Yeah, it's great!! Is the label Whitley-ette? Wouldn't surprise me if so, because I have a great rose-heather wool suit jacket by Whitley-ette with tailored details on the collar and pocket that look very similar in style (minus the rhinestones) to the ones on your jacket!

I have a purchase to show myself too! I went to the local vintage shop with my mother to see if they were buying so we could get rid of some old stuff. Nope. But... I weakened and and bought a 40's hat!!!

DSCF0045.jpg
DSCF0046.jpg

It makes me happy because it fits, (or at least seems to fit pretty well despite being a 22 instead of the 23 my head is) and looks great! Seems like 98% of all vintage hats I see are too small for me :rolleyes:. Now to find something to wear with it... I'm thinking this cute dress pattern from the 'bay that arrived today might work:

DSCF0048.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Since I was a little girl I've loved shawls - my mother had two wonderful fringed silk shawls, a black and a white one, and I'd play dress ups for hours with them. Now I have a bit of a collection of wraps, but they're almost all modern (although some are very vintage in style, including some burnout velvet numbers).

What I really want, however, is an embroidered silk shawl from China - one of those vast, pre-1920s bright floral works of art. I saw one in Napier last year and spent an age enthusing over it with the wearer. My mother said that my grandmother had owned one from the 20s, but it had been lost over the years.

This years' Christmas Gift to myself...I've put one of Vintage Textile's magnificent shawls on lay-by (also purchased an Assuit shawl at the same time):

shawl1.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
Very nice and minty. I love them. I have similar pair (not in great shape) given to me by a friend a few years ago:
628894553_4a8d7171d5_o.jpg

pardon my injured swollen ankle in this shot
628894441_553d2468fc.jpg

Here are my most interesting pair. I inherited these De Liso Palter Debs with rhinestone accents.
629759488_dce756b197_o.jpg

628894241_5d254c2637.jpg

629759714_ea0ea0ca35.jpg

I used to wear them to high school. Everyone else was in preppy Izod or trying to look punk rock, and there I was in vintage.

$ally

One Too Many
Also a gift from a friend a few years ago; vintage Windsor version of the spring-o-later:
629760038_ff8c2e2413.jpg

detail of the engraved, rhinestone embedded heel:
629760116_66f694a42d.jpg

My son used to call these my Cinderella shoes.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a swoonin at all these shoes!

I saw a set of very worn Sping-o-lators at a flea market for $150! :eek:

Definately not worth it, in the terrible condition they were presented But the vendor and I enjoyed talking about them. If you ever get a chance, take a minute or two and check out the construction. Very interesting shoes.

Vintage Betty

Liz

I love the Spring-o-lators! I have a similar pair, and they are actually quite comfortable.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Queen Mary finds

Here are some of the things I acquired on my trips to the Long Beach areas during the QM.

IMG_0915.jpg

These horn rims are sunglasses I got on our trip to 'vintage row'. They are great and were only $20. They are super dark, and prescription, so Ill have to have the lenses changed out.

IMG_0917.jpg

Bakelite pencil sharpener at the Long Beach flea market.

IMG_0918.jpg

An SF spinning keychain. I thought it was cool, and only $8

IMG_0919.jpg

A bakelite dress clip. It has a copper top, and I thought that was unique. Plus it was only $8 :)

More to come!

LD

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
LOVE Bakelite..

Lady Day,

They dress clip is great! I've just started adding pencil sharpeners and other tools to my collection. My husband bought me a bakelite pencil sharpener this weekend, I'll post some pics tonight. The sharpener is a tank in pea green. You can see some of the star decals that were on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe