Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kaci

New in Town
Thank you everyone for such kind words! :)

To answer Rockapin-up's question:
The red dress is a previously-owned dress from the 1950's. All of the garments modeled in the show range anywhere from 1880 - 1980.

She has some really nice things that were previously-owned by celebrities (a shawl that was Norma Shearer's, a green satin dress that was Ava Gardner's, and a beaded dress that was Ella Fitzgerald's).

I have some photos of some of the other models, if anyone cares to see.

Jovan

Suspended
Taking time out from all the other discussions, again, to say... you are stunning, Kaci. And so is Lauren. That is all. :)

*scampers away from The Powder Room once again*

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I just bought a uniform shirtdress like this one:
0198-f86csiga.jpg

I bought it thinking I could dye it & it would just look like a shirtdress, but it looks good white, but open like a jacket. [huh]

I also bought this for .50:
1720102535_2863ac61ea.jpg

This for $4.00 (the blue flannel muffler was .25:

1720161893_4596762704_b.jpg

This for $2.00:
1720091939_81cf26de7a_b.jpg

1720097843_dd1e0a00ba.jpg

These for $1.00 each:
062-489h83h2g.jpg

063-489h8m60k.jpg

064-489h97469.jpg

065-489h9hbit.jpg

I also bought a pink plaid wool shawl for .25, 2 new angora mufflers (one pink, one blue) on clearance at Fred's for $2.00 each, a crochet baby blanket in pink from Project Linus for $1.00, folded it looks like a shawl.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Clara, garage sales mostly! The leather bag was from a sale someone was having for their brother who has cancer, the other things are from a charity thrift that is supposed to be called the Salvation Army, but it doesn't have the name, or the prices. I haven't been to Goodwill in a few weeks, they haven't had anything much in a long time. It seems like if a city gets a new charity store people usually give to it for awhile and stop giving to the old. I have no idea why.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I don't normally buy shoes online as I like to try them on but these red rhinestone heels were too pretty for me to resist. Now I'm just praying that they'll fit otherwise back on Ebay they'll go!

red50srhinestoneshoes1.jpg

red50srhinestoneshoes3.jpg

Late 1940s dress

late40sdress1.jpg

late40sdress2.jpg

1950s sheer pintucked dress. I'll have to find a suitable slip for this one.

pinksheerdaydress.jpg

1950s orlon sweater with bead detail

beadedorlonsweater1.jpg

beadedorlonsweater_detail.jpg

That's it for me this month, I can't spend any more money :eek:

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
I don't normally buy shoes online as I like to try them on but these red rhinestone heels were too pretty for me to resist. Now I'm just praying that they'll fit otherwise back on Ebay they'll go!

red50srhinestoneshoes1.jpg

red50srhinestoneshoes3.jpg

Those are really pretty shoes SarahLouise, I have a really hard time resisting red shoes myself. I know what you mean about wanting to try things on, but there is so much more available on Ebay than the vintage fairs and shops that we have here in London that it's hard to resist.
I hope they fit like a dream, such a great colour for christmas too, I can just imagine them with a grey suit, red lipstick and a bit of mink!

I love the dresses you found too the brown looks like the kind of dress that would suit lots of different occasions, and the pink looks really fresh. As for the cardigan, well I for one love a bit of orlon and beads!:)

Oh and if in the unlikely event that your gorgeous shoes don't fit then do let me know and I'll have my feet surgically altered to fit them!!lol lol

epr25

Practically Family
I found this yesterday at a church sale. I thought that it was beautiful. I had no reason to have this but I just could not walk away and leave it there. It was made in 1912 by the mother of an elderly member of the church who has no children. It's made of silk, has hand beading and hand made lace. I had orginally thought of putting it on Ebay but now it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Has anyone else ever became attched to something that you have no ties to?

wedding1.jpg
[/IMG]

wedding4.jpg
[/IMG]

wedding3.jpg
[/IMG]

wedding2.jpg
[/IMG]

The Shirt

Practically Family
Has anyone else ever became attched to something that you have no ties to?

I get attached to every vintage purchase - even if there is no way they way they will ever fit me. Of course I don't know how to sell on ebay so that limits my getting rid of them. Somehow in my mind I think "someday I will have a use/occasion/body for this." Plus I like to make up a past life for all my dresses - so maybe I'm attached to the fictional history I've created.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
I get attached to every vintage purchase - even if there is no way they way they will ever fit me. Of course I don't know how to sell on ebay so that limits my getting rid of them. Somehow in my mind I think "someday I will have a use/occasion/body for this." Plus I like to make up a past life for all my dresses - so maybe I'm attached to the fictional history I've created.
I feel that way about old buildings. Also I have alot of old photos and paperdolls and I wonder about the people who owned them. I love things with history.

epr25

Practically Family
Well I was lucky enough to get the ladies name and her mothers and the man she married. I think I might have the displayed at the local historical society that has a vast collection of vintage clothing. It is in such wonderful shape that I think it would be a good museum piece.

epr25

Practically Family
Wellthey didn't have a price on it so when I asked I was prepared for well over $100 but they said $40. I wound up paying $38 because that was all I had in my purse. I had taken such an interrest in it they felt that it would be safe and respected in my possession. Also leading to my dilema about selling it on Ebay. It's making me feel guilty.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
epr25 said:
Wellthey didn't have a price on it so when I asked I was prepared for well over $100 but they said $40. I wound up paying $38 because that was all I had in my purse. I had taken such an interrest in it they felt that it would be safe and respected in my possession. Also leading to my dilema about selling it on Ebay. It's making me feel guilty.

Thanks for sharing; it obviously found the right home. If it helps, maybe the museum can give you a Donor Tax Slip?

I purchased a 1930's diary over the summer and it is filled with a short amount of information about growing up in the Bay Area. I'm going to scan it in, post in on the Lounge than donate it to our local history museum. Wait till you see some of the passages! A few pages are very fun. So yes, I understand your dilemma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld