Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Kimberlly, like Goldwyn... I'm coming to go yardsaling with you!! 50 cents for that awesome suit! WOW! You lucky dog!! You have really found many cheap fab finds and your wardrobe is certainly growing lately! I like that boho dress too!

Nikki

The more the merrier! :D

That boho dress is quite the head turner. I wore it to BJ's and got complimented on it by two different women and a lot of people were looking at it. Of course it could have been my whole appearance with my ballet flats and big floppy hat too. :p

It has the same embroidered detail going down the entire spine in the back. It even has a cotton built in slip. I wish I could date it. I was thinking 70's at first but the fabric is not 70's, nor are the finished seams. [huh]. That's one thing I don't like about handmade dresses, they are harder to date.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur De Guerre said:
Daisy I bought a dress from her too! Nothing fancy -

4694BLKA.JPG

but cute and practical! Thanks for the tip off on her, your dresses are all gorgeous too!

Oh I'm so glad you bought something from her. She does have such great things! Actually, she's trying to get me the dress you got, in light pink. I just love it!! Enjoy wearing it:)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
How did I miss Sunny in the yellow dress?? Anyhoo, you look superb! So pretty and it's nice to put a face with a name!

I had forgotten you were into civil war reenactment. I see you more as the Melanie type rather than Scarlett tho, lol! Besides, her frocks were closer to the real period as Scarlett's were so "hollywood". I could see you decked out in victorian garb too.. and edwardian!

On that note and "purchases" I did buy Buttericks B4761 to make Scarlett's nursing garb. Trying to decide if I want to make it more period with the seams more off the shoulder, or to just do it like the film version. Since I'm more the gwtw freak, I'll probably go with the film look.

I also bought these patterns,
Butterick 4919
McCalls 5379
Vogue 2943 (this is SO freakin' cute!!) I'll try to find a pic.
Vogue 2960

All retro or retroish. Some Joann's didn't have yet, like Simplicity 3748. I wanted a few other Sims too but they weren't on sale anyway!
Nikki

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I can't wait to get the dress...I may try to detach the tie belt though so I can mix and match - white belt with white crinolene, red with red etc. Exciting! I am worried it will be a major ironing burden though. lol

Sunny

One Too Many
You all are too sweet! I'm blushing! :)

ohairas said:
How did I miss Sunny in the yellow dress?? Anyhoo, you look superb! So pretty and it's nice to put a face with a name!

I had forgotten you were into civil war reenactment. I see you more as the Melanie type rather than Scarlett tho, lol! Besides, her frocks were closer to the real period as Scarlett's were so "hollywood". I could see you decked out in victorian garb too.. and edwardian!

On that note and "purchases" I did buy Buttericks B4761 to make Scarlett's nursing garb. Trying to decide if I want to make it more period with the seams more off the shoulder, or to just do it like the film version. Since I'm more the gwtw freak, I'll probably go with the film look.

I also bought these patterns,
Butterick 4919
McCalls 5379
Vogue 2943 (this is SO freakin' cute!!) I'll try to find a pic.
Vogue 2960

All retro or retroish. Some Joann's didn't have yet, like Simplicity 3748. I wanted a few other Sims too but they weren't on sale anyway!
Nikki

Hah, thanks for the compliment! Yep, Melanie's dresses have some pretty good style going on. I've got a couple of lengths of cotton I need to make up... maybe it's time I looked there for ideas! Hmm, Edwardian? I haven't thought about that one in a long time. I'll have to give it some more thought!

Good luck on your dress. Do you have your fabric yet? I'm so bad about buying fabric first, then having to go, "Now what do I do with it?"

Daisy Buchanan

Fleur De Guerre said:
I can't wait to get the dress...I may try to detach the tie belt though so I can mix and match - white belt with white crinolene, red with red etc. Exciting! I am worried it will be a major ironing burden though. lol

I don't think the belt is attached. If it is on the one you get, it probably isn't attached with that many stitches. I was thinking of doing the same think with the ivory dress, which is the same dress as yours but in an eyelet fabric. I'm worried about the ironing too, but I've always had luck with hanging a dress in the bathroom while the shower is on high heat. Cheaper than buying a steamer and much easier than pulling out the iron:D

Great purchases everyone!!

I just won these two pairs of shoes (bad Daisy). The first pair is a pair of Red Cross and it still has the original box. I really like the heel height on them too. I'm hoping that with the low heel I will be able to wear them for more than a few hours. The second pair I'm really psyched about. I watched them all week and really thought that the price would go above my limit, since other pairs like these have gone for really high amounts. I do hope they fit..
po11a.jpg
po11c.jpg

po12b.jpg
po12c.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Lady Day said:
Okay Miss Buchanan,

No more buying fab clothes until you wear everything you already have, at least once :p

Doc's orders. :rolleyes:

LD

I was just talking about this with Hemingway Jones. I don't know what's gotten into me over the past few months. I just can't stop buying. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm trying to make up for something I might be missing! Whatever it is I better find it soon, or I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage!!
In my defense, my weight does fluctuate dramatically depending on whether or not the Crohn's disease is acting up. Right now, I'm heavier than I have ever been and needed clothes that fit. But, I could go into a crhon's flare at any time, since it happens about 3 time a year, and lose the weight I gained. I've been selling some of my things to vintage dealers, the items with 24 inch waists that I know I"ll never fit into again. But, I have to have a number of sizes, as my weight fluctuates so much. I do think I own clothes in every size! I'm thinking of opening up an online store and just getting rid of everything. Then if I do drop weight again, I'll just take the money I make and buy more....
Viviene said:
I want to see Daisy in one of those Perlberg dresses. I know she'd look a treat! :)
Thanks You for your sweet compliment:)

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
:eek: Those shoes are amazing! What size are you?

I'm a 6.5 or a 7, I usually go up at least a 1/2 a size to accommodate for swelling. I put inserts into them in the morning, and then during the day as my feet swell I take them out. It's easier than walking around with 2 pairs of shoes!

I just won these cuban heel and rhinestone stockings on the bay. I've always wanted a decorative pair of FF's, so I'm happy about these.
74bd_1.JPG

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I love those stockings Daisy! I've always wanted a pair like that myself. I have my eye on a fancy pair of stockings (sans rhinestones, unfortunately) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the price won't go up too much.

Ugh, Ebay plays with my emotions too much!

I went to the vintage fashion expo for an hour or two with my boyfriend yesterday and got a cute dress. Hopefully someone will actually take a picture of me in it so I can show it to all of you! It's perfect for the summer.

Miss_Bella_Hell

In all seriousness, Ebay is totally addicting, so if you are really spending significantly more than you can afford...take a hiatus! I know it's stupid but sometimes I get into buying streaks that simply aren't good for my wallet. :rolleyes:

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Rosie said:
This thread is HUGE! I can't keep up.

This:

267b_1.JPG

and this (graphics are the seller's not mine):

1YellowChiffonShortSet.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wish I could wear yellow. Wearing that would be like wearing a lemon meringue pie, but in a good way! Is that an Intime set? Who made it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe