Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Can anyone figure out just what she has to make the sides of the skirt stick out and lay nice and straight like that? It looks like she's holding something to her waist in some pics...maybe wooden dowels?

I think you're right! I see dowels poking out the bottom where she's holding out just one side straight... lol!

It's a shame she has to be this way, she has such darling things.

Oh Pink, I have NO budget and have no business buying things most of the time. Alas, I just can't help myself. It is, afterall, an addiction. I see no plans for rehab in my future tho, so when I see something I really like I go in the hole big time.

Nikki

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I hear ya Nikki. I definitely should not be spending money on dresses when I need to make car and rent payments. :eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
timorous me said:
so my new buying fit is pins and brooches. i can't wear most jewelery as i'm allergic to almost all metal, so i've decided to buy jewelry for my clothes instead! just got these etsy finds in the mail today...

pinkpin.jpg

so freakin' sparkly. you don't even know. it's AWESOME.

and i loveloveLOVE this one:

sparrowpin.jpg

the picture doesn't even do it justice. the enamel is much darker and well... enamel-y-er... than it looks in the picture. so pretty! so exciting!

Oooh! Im a huge brooch fan too! Check out a thread I tried to start in general attire here.

LD

Mojito

One Too Many
timorous me said:
the picture doesn't even do it justice. the enamel is much darker and well... enamel-y-er... than it looks in the picture. so pretty! so exciting!
It is lovely! And I love the symbolism of swallow jewellery - they always return. I love spring, when the Welcome Swallows start flitting around our house once again, back after winter and their long journey.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
After a rather poor couple of weeks I decided to drown my sorrows in my first piece of vintage lingerie. This pretty little thing::D

Slip.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
I love everyones new purchases. I have only been able to lurk and not buys since the weekend due to my hectic work schedule this week that is brutal. :(

I did bid on a dress on eBay but was oubided of course. :rage: :D

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Well, I said I was going nuts, and here's more proof for that claim. Found out I had won them this morning:

36331152olf5.jpg

36331158_o.jpg

Sorry for the the huge second picture, but I think the detailing is gorgeous. I was stunned to find out I had been the only bidder, I think the color is pretty, and like I said, the stitching is wonderful.

268f_1.JPG

DSCF0007.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
CanadaDoll said:
After a rather poor couple of weeks I decided to drown my sorrows in my first piece of vintage lingerie. This pretty little thing::D

Slip.jpg
Hooray milestones! That is a pretty piece! :)I was taking out my shopping need on the very same thing actually, these past few weeks, because almost every single dress, even the most basic, has been going for OUTRAGEOUS prices. I have similar dresses that I got a year ago, that are now going for minimums of $50.00 on ebay!:eek: :mad: I wonder if this is because of summer or what, because I thought VLV would've been over by now. [huh]

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
Well, I said I was going nuts, and here's more proof for that claim. Found out I had won them this morning:

DSCF0007.jpg

What beautiful finds LadyStardust!

For some reason, I can't explain why, the yellow one makes me think of the dress Grace Kelly's character was wearing in "Rear Window" when she sneaks into the murderer's apartment.
I think it may be the shape of the floral print.....but whatever the reason, I love it! :eusa_clap

Sunny

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
What beautiful finds LadyStardust!

For some reason, I can't explain why, the yellow one makes me think of the dress Grace Kelly's character was wearing in "Rear Window" when she sneaks into the murderer's apartment.
I think it may be the shape of the floral print.....but whatever the reason, I love it! :eusa_clap

Yes! You're right! The details of the construction aren't there, but the shape and size and feathery-ness of the motif is spot-on. And it's not orange, but it's gold-yellow. Very close! :eusa_clap

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I found some goodies yesterday, and I was so excited to share with ya'll! I am a vintage (everything) dealer, so I tend to throw my name and number out there to people whose sales I go to, and I had gone to one just down the street a few weeks back. I gave her my info because she was cleaning out her mother's sewing stuff, and the day I went I scored a huge box of patterns and tons of fabric for cheap. She said she had lots more to go through, and would call! She called yesterday and I went down the street and bought four small boxes of patterns of all kinds and another big stack of fabric! Two of the boxes were completely FULL of transfer patterns, alot of which I never knew existed. Most is to resell, but some is for yours truly to play with, and I knew you girls would appreciate some of my keepers! Bear in mind that I have roughly 90 million transfer patterns, but these are just TOO DARN good to let go of!

Here is a FANTASTIC set of alphabets and a crochet/craft pattern that I LOVE!
Vogart1.JPG

Vogart2.JPG

Vogart3.JPG

This is a very hard to find Pinup Guest Towel transfer set that I had just half the designs of....until now...AND the best part is that I found TWO complete sets in what I bought, so I can sell one and keep one!

PinupsVogart1.JPG

This is going to be very fun to play with-I love doing sequin work! I have another one similar already; this will be a nice companion to it.

Sequins1.JPG

This is a real treasure...this is a set of Vogart Iron on Transfers-you wouldn't have embroidered them, this is just to iron on to decorate something. The set is complete, and I do plan to use them sometime, I just have to decide on what. It will be a very careful decision, let me tell you! I LOVE the puppy running away with the bra!

VogartIrons1.JPG

VogartIrons2.JPG

And this is going up on eBay tonite-I almost want to keep it, but I have another one that I like better. I love her bobbed hair!

TurbanPattern1.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the goodies! She said I could come back again when she was ready, and go through the whole sewing room to see if I want anything. I am counting the days for that! I am HOPING for more clothing patterns....

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
RHRH, i am dying over all those girly embroidery sets.

and my grandma wore those terry cloth turbans until her death in 2003. i was always so embarrassed when i'd go pick her up to go grocery shopping and she would be wearing rust-colored double-knit polyester pants, beige blouse, and pepto-pink turban! lol

Shearer

Practically Family
RedHot, the red, white and blue transfers are really neat! Let us know what you make with them.

I got this today... I hope it's as nice as it looks:

lucite1.jpg

Lost out on another one. The Willardy, Rialto, and Gilli ones are going for cringe-tastic prices :rolleyes:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just recently got this Trifari demi-parure and I LOVE it. The bows are so cute, and I swear I'm going to wear this every day for the rest of my life. It goes with absolutely everything. It cost me a whopping $4.99 on Sleaze-Bay.

trifari.JPG

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Shearer, that is lovely!:eusa_clap
Kitty, I would wear that every day too! So cute!! and what a price:)

I'm psyched that I won this gown for, drum roll please, $29!! I love the style at the bust line and the peplum at the waist. I really like the different fabrics too. It needs a bit of mending but the seller says these problems sound worse than they actually are. A seam needs to be fixed at the bottom of the dress but my biggest concerns on 3 small brown marks on the skirt. The seller seems to think that these will come out with a professional cleaning. I figure if they don't I could dye the lower portion of the dress. I hear black is the easiest thing to dye. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will come out with a professional cleaning. Sad thing is the cleaning will probably cost me more than the dress did!! Oh well, I think this was a steal for a 40's gown of this style, even with the money I will more than likely have to put into it. I like to wear this style of dress, it's flattering on my curves. They certainly don't make gowns like they used to! I'd love to see modern designers bring back the peplum.
74a.jpg
74b.jpg

74c.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Shearer said:
RedHot, the red, white and blue transfers are really neat! Let us know what you make with them.

I got this today... I hope it's as nice as it looks:

lucite1.jpg

Lost out on another one. The Willardy, Rialto, and Gilli ones are going for cringe-tastic prices :rolleyes:

I LOVE THAT!!!!! :eek:

I bought a rayon blouse today that is fitted and a pair of white shoes. I also lost another bid on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe