Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Kimberly, fabulous finds. I wish yard sales here were better.

Most of the yard sales here are junk so I look in the paper for ones that adverties antiques and collectables. I will also do chruch sales because those have a tendency to have better things.

Well the Adjust O Matic Dress Form I bought is currently selling on the bay for between $10 to $25 so I feel even better about my purchase. I can't wait to try her out. :eusa_clap

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
I think I have e-bay paranoia - everything on this thread, I'm sure I've seen it on e-bay or bidded on it!

My latest purchases - I need to get out more. This is just in the past week :eek:

purpledress.jpg

Thought this would be good for summer, mainly for work. Nice and simple - Question though - what colour shoes besides black go with light purple?

[/IMG][/IMG]
chinesedress.jpg

I am a 50's siren at heart.

radio.jpg

A retro radio for the bedroom. Looks good with my 50's dressing table.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Ladies I am just in awe of all your great finds! soooooo nice!:eusa_clap
I'm being disciplined and staying off for a while, while my credit card recovers:eek: lol

Vanessa, perhaps a nice beige-y coloured shoe would work with that lavender dress, or for an evening/dressy trype a metallic silver[huh]
And I just love that radio!:D

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tend to think that with a completely solid colored dress, you can wear ANY color shoes with it as long as the handbag matches the shoes! Green! Blue! Brown! It's all good. You could also invest in some ribbon belts and match the shoes to that.

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
I never thought about dark purple shoes - and I have some as well!:eusa_doh:

I know what you mean about not buying solid colour dresses because of not having something to go with it.

I thought that after I bought it.

I really should stop buying.:p (as if!)

Amelie

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I tend to think that with a completely solid colored dress, you can wear ANY color shoes with it as long as the handbag matches the shoes! Green! Blue! Brown! It's all good. You could also invest in some ribbon belts and match the shoes to that.
I completely agree, you could even match it with black shoes if all your accessories were black (at least that is what I would do)

Daisy Buchanan

I won a few pretty accessories on the bay this weekend, one of which is a 1939 New York Worlds Fair plastic brooch, which I am so shocked I actually won!:) I have a couple of vintage New York collectors items, including an Empire State Building compact which still has the original powder and blush. Supposedly it was given to the executives who worked in the building when it first opened. It says on it "Empire State: Worlds Tallest Building" which I think is quite neat. I went into the gift shoppe and they sell a similar copy of it, but it's not exact. I showed it to the gentleman who worked there and he was so surprised that I had it. So, I'm really psyched to have won this Worlds Fair Pin. I'm putting a link to the auction for it because there are some better close ups of the details, but I think they were too big to post here. I like collecting items that would interest more than one type of collector, like this would interest vintage jewelry enthusiasts and also New York and Worlds Fair collectors. I think these types of items tend to really hold their value. I'm looking forward to getting it.
NYWF1.JPG

I won this darling little gold heart locket for just 0.99 cents!!! My best bargain ever!:D It's sad that the shipping cost more than the locket!! Grand total $4.50! Not bad, I think!
24fe_1.JPG

These lovely enamel brooches were $9.95 each. I think they were both very good deals. I can't seem to find vintage accessories at the stores around where I live, so I have to rely on the bay for them. I guess everybody was out and enjoying the sunshine and not bidding on anything, so I was able to scoop all of these things up with no competition from other bidders. Well, except for the World's Fair brooch, there were a lot of bidders for that, still shocked I won it, I thought it would go for a lot more! Yahooooo!:)
6dd8_1.JPG

1d00_1_b.JPG

I also won a beautiful peach silk one piece tap panty/teddy, but the seller took the pictures down right after the auction ended. I'll have to take some pics of it when it arrives.

Daisy Buchanan

I guess it's my day for great deals. I just won this vintage knit skirt and top for $9.99!! I have NEVER ever won an outfit for that price. I keep seeing you gals getting all these great deals, but just thought it could never happen to me, but today it did:) What a weekend, the weather was warm, I spent a lovely afternoon at brunch with the adorable couple Hemingway Jones and Jitterbugdoll, we had a great meal and an enjoyable walk through Harvard Square, the weather is wonderful and now I come home and find that I have not only won one of the outfits I wanted, but I got it for a really low price!!! Yahooooooo! I think it has something to do with the arrival of spring. The beautiful weather's finally bringing me some good luck.
2c05_1.JPG

Daisy Buchanan

More awesome ebay wins, I'm on a roll!! I've won everything I've bid on today! I'm really into the knit dresses/outfits lately. They are just so incredibly comfortable, and can be dressed up or worn more casual depending on the accessories. I'm thrilled about the fruit necklace. I did go a bit over my planned on price, but I just couldn't pass it up. Honestly, I really didn't think I'd win it, I was expecting it to go even higher. But, it's that lucky warm weather everybody's out taking advantage of, so I'm taking advantage of their absence! I'm waiting on a few more auctions, so hopefully my luck will hold out!:)
perrycrochetwfro.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Great purchases Daisy. I am loving the crochet dress and the Worlds Fair broach.

It sounds like you had a fantastic day. It was so warm out in Massachusetts that it seemed as if everyone was being extra nice today and were all out in full force.

Good luck on your current bids. :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Love the knit dresses Daisy!

Everyone has been making such great purchases lately. I've been keeping a promise to myself that I won't even LOOK at Ebay right now. I've been working too little and spending too much!

Keep on buying girls, cos I'm living vicariously through all of you right now!

Daisy Buchanan

Help Me!! I can't stop!! For the past few days I've been hunting ebay and coming up with nothing. Then today all of these cute dresses popped up that I hadn't seen before. I'm gonna have to cut way down on my watch list. 52 items is a bit much:eek: But, I just couldn't resist these. I had to get the fruit bracelet to complement the fruit necklace. I was in desperate need of a new dressing gown, for the few I have are all too small on me :( I love the color and the darling bow and peplum. The musical note dress is such a whimsical pattern and this particular style looks good on my "curves". I keep saying I'm gonna stop, but then I find something else that I really need. By the way, I think at least for me and in comparison to the dresses in the shoppes around my area that I got a few decent deals. Only the cream colored knit outfit I posted earlier makes it into the twenty dollar club, but in comparison to what I thought all of the items would go for a lot more. I know a lot of you ladies find great deals, but I'm thrilled if I find a dress for $65, and quite a few of the outfits I got tonight were less than that, so I'm pretty happy. You know, we never know if one day we won't be able to find these items, so I have to buy what I can while they're still around!! It's never good when I attempt to make justifications:( But, admitting that I have a problem is the first step:D
931883847_fluer1.JPG

P1010078_012.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82