Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur, that's such a shame about the color. So many things we buy on line tend to be totally different when they arrive. It's still a great dress, and the color looks great on you. I think you should keep it. I want a cute green polka dot dress!!

Grace

Vendor
Oo, goldleaf-love the jacket!!

Also love your jacket, Kimberley!

And Fleur-I love the 'new' color green, and it looks gorgeous on you! Put me in the 'I want a green polka dot dress' category, too! :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
Well, my Boden dress arrived and it is not at all the same colour as the picture (quelle surprise!). So I am not sure if I like this colour or if it flattering on me. What do you ladies think? The colour it is might be a bit more vintage though, again, what do you think??

Colour

436673962_8fc43ce97b.jpg

On me

436665817_8c64697732.jpg

[huh]

I THINK ITS FABULOUS!!!
it looks good on you too..
but, if you hate it and want to sell it.. let me know first!!!!!!!!!
i LOVE that dress.

P

Paul

Fleur-
I think the green shade from the seller photo looks like something that would be worn by MaryJane if that's her namen from the TV program "Walton's"
where the shade of your dress looks like a proper dress shade and will look great in it and with a few accessories like a bag and shoes it will set it off very nicely

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Fleur, I would have been disappointed as I don't really like that pea green color. That happened to me recently with two purchases. One dress (from the pics) I thought was bright white when it was an off white or cream and another dress (from the pics) I though was bright yellow and white whereas it was tan and dark yellow. [huh]

BegintheBeguine

The actual color of the dress is lovely. I have a voile dress from the 50s in that color and I love it. It looks beautiful with your complexion. The green in the seller's picture looks more 70s to me, which I liked but I'm in the vast minority here. I prefer the actual color for that dress. Plus, the dress fits you perfectly.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Here is another 40's day dress I picked up last week (all of my dresses were under $5.00. It has to be steamed and put away until June. :(

BlueGreenDress.jpg

I also picked up this 30's inspired (70's or 80's made), velveteen opera coat. I wished I found it in December. :rolleyes:

operalong.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Kimberly, I've been wearing day dresses for a couple weeks now. Ah to live in Arizona!

Doh! I am so jealous of you. It was warm here in Massachusetts 65 degrees, but not warm enough for a cotton dress. We are still in the kind of cold but yet a little warm stage that makes dressing a challenge. I am so sick of wearing coats and sweaters I could scream. I keep finding these adorable dresses and keep buying them. I will be all set for summer, whenever that comes. :rolleyes:

BTW: I saw all of your dresses and they look fantastic on you. I bet you can wear them now all the way until October being in Arizona. I will be lucky if I can wear mine from June to mid September.

Daisy Buchanan

Kimberly said:
Doh! I am so jealous of you. It was warm here in Massachusetts 65 degrees, but not warm enough for a cotton dress. We are still in the kind of cold but yet a little warm stage that makes dressing a challenge. I am so sick of wearing coats and sweaters I could scream. I keep finding these adorable dresses and keep buying them. I will be all set for summer, whenever that comes. :rolleyes:

BTW: I saw all of your dresses and they look fantastic on you. I bet you can wear them now all the way until October being in Arizona. I will be lucky if I can wear mine from June to mid September.

I hear you Kimberly. The weather in Boston for the next few months is so off and on that it's impossible to plan the night before what you are going to wear for the next day. It doesn't get consistently warm here until June. Then we go through the same thing during October and November. One day it's 70 and sunny, the next day it's 20 and snowing. It's much too risky to put away ones winter clothes and coats before Memorial Day weekend.
I do hope we have a spring this year. Last year we only had a few weeks of nice 70 degree weather. It seems that we go from being really cold to very hot and humid, with very few of those beautiful in between days. You know the days when you open your windows to air out the apartment after having the heat on high all winter. Spring is my favorite season. Everything smells so fresh. The weather's warm enough for a cute day dress, but it's not so hot and sticky that you want to walk around in your unmentionables with the central air on high. As I get older I find myself wondering more and more why I live in a city with such strange weather patterns!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly yeah I'll probably be in day dresses until October at the latest. Hopefully it gets cool in September this year!

Also, thank you for the compliments! :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
you girls are making me SO thankful to live in oregon! i don't deal well with Extreme Weather. ;)

yeah right, we dont have extreme weather.
except for like a week in july when temps get to like 105.
and in janurary, when it rains, non stop for 26 days...
but other than that, we have the most mellow climate ever.
its nice. but i wish it would warm up a bit, so i could wear a dress!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:
exquisitebones said:
yeah right, we dont have extreme weather.
except for like a week in july when temps get to like 105.
and in janurary, when it rains, non stop for 26 days...
but other than that, we have the most mellow climate ever.
its nice. but i wish it would warm up a bit, so i could wear a dress!

as someone who commuted by bike and bus all winter, i can assure you we don't have the most mild weather EVER... but it is nice here compared to elsewhere. i can deal with rain much better than i think i could with freezing temps over half the year!

P

Paul

GoldLeaf said:
Well, this dress isn't exactally Golden Era, but I fell in love with it. The auction said early 60's. It is so up my alley, and for $25!

dress3br0.jpg
I can very much see why you could not pass this over it is a very fine example of a 60's dress

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, it seems like we have had those weird weather patterns for the past couple of years. We go from winter right into summer and then summer right into winter. At least we were lucky snow wise this year. It has almost melted now and I bet it's completely gone in Boston. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82