Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

olive bleu

One Too Many
You all look so fabulous, and are wearing gorgeous reds that become you.I am still searching for that perfect one. I actually just spent $10 of my last $20(payday tommorrow!) on Marcelle's "Ruby Red",so we will see how that goes!

wibblebird

New in Town
Target Red

Anyone tried the L'oreal Target red, made just for Target? I bought a bonus pack that came with liner. I'm really liking it - nice, true red, a little sheer, with more gloss than I usually like, but with the liner it's a very nice daytime red. Fades to a nice, natural red on me (as opposed to most reds which go all fuschia, Yuk.) Good enough color on me that I can overcome my natural aversion to the scent that Loreal lipstick has.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
You can never have too many reds, can you?

To be sure, I have rarely met a red I didn't like but sadly, many of them do not do much for me. Judging by the pics in this thread, I need to spend some time exploring my local MAC because I love all of the reds that have been posted thus far. But until I find that perfect red, here are a few of my perennial favorites (apologies if the pics are too big):

Chanel 36 - Russet Moon (Love it the best but it is very drying to my lips so I save it for special occasions only)
russetmoon.jpg

Sisley L41 (Has a bit of orange to it which I suspect doesn't do much for my olive complexion but it makes me feel very Italian diva so I persist)
sisley.jpg

Lately, I've been into the pink to brown side of the lip spectrum and switch between Sisley L17, L24 , Rimmel 35 Heather Shimmer & Molton Brown lipsaver (clear). But true to form, I was at Target earlier today and picked up a few pots of red Rimmel lipgloss: Kiss of Death & Sinner. Haven't tried them yet but if nothing else, I already love the names.

Pina

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pina, both colors look great on you. I really like your 2nd lippy. For some reason I need an orangy type red myself or it is too bright for me.

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
My first post---Here's my red....

I'm so excited this is my first post here, I've been lurking and this seems like a great group. The color in my avatar pic is my current red which is Loreal DRUMBEAT Red. I like it. I recently found a great red gloss type which I am going to try out when it arrives. We'll see how that goes...I'll be sure to report!

It's great to be here.....Mel

Kimberly

Practically Family
Goodie2Shoes said:
I'm so excited this is my first post here, I've been lurking and this seems like a great group. The color in my avatar pic is my current red which is Loreal DRUMBEAT Red. I like it. I recently found a great red gloss type which I am going to try out when it arrives. We'll see how that goes...I'll be sure to report!

It's great to be here.....Mel

Welcome!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
my longtime favorite has been Mac's "Rage", which is what i'm wearing in this photo. It's a deeper, slightly frosted red and until recently when i found "Russian Red", it was the only red i'd found that would work for me. i have a very pink complexion and red cheeks, so there aren't many reds that don't make me look like a clown!

Shannon_AM271-Edit3.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
marchapril07030.jpg

That's my Besame lipliner in red with my sample of Red Velvet (my actual tube of Red Velvet is much, much darker though, I'm thinking the samples got mixed up).

I tried to do a more 40's lip, it was fun! I think it worked well.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Thanks! The Red Velvet I have looks scary dark on me! They do take returns and exchanges, I was surprised. That's very nice of them. I haven't done anything about it yet because I'm a bit lazy, but I should get on it. I love the consistency of their lipsticks, its a nice change from the matte Mac one I usually use.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know what you mean, I invented lazy. lol If you find you never get around to exchanging it you may want to try Lipstick Color Changers in Lightener. http://www.firacosmetics.com/shop/catpage.cfm?id=59 The manufacturer, Fiske, now makes fira cosmetics. I got mine and use it all the time. It is better than foundation, concealer or (gasp) white lipstick to lighten a too-dark lipstick shade.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Oooh, KittyT's Russian Red looks amazing... definitely going to look for that!

I just found my new everyday red a few days ago-- Revlon ColorStay in Red Velvet... it does have teensy little sparkles in it, but they're not that obvious. It's a nice matte that wears reasonably well. Its the best red I've found for my coloring so far!
(<----- I'm wearing it in my new avatar)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I have the Red Velvet color, too... but it's too bright for my daily wear, so I mix it with a bit of Soft Cinnamon (tones down the "Hey, I'm WEARING RED!!!!") for the perfect going-out-on-the-town lipstick.

Yes, I'm not afraid to mix my colors. :D

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This is the closest to a red lippie I have. (Excuse the bad pic)
It's Chilli from Max Factor... In real life it's more pink-brown red than pink-red (as I feel it looks on the pic).

lippiekk0.jpg

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
This thread is very bad for me. Everytime I check back, there is a new red I am dying to try.

Count me in as one more for the MAC Russian Red:

Library-1599.jpg
trying on my easter bonnet.

My Besame samples came in yesterday and I was so excited, I tried them all on. At the same time. I didn't want to admit it but I put 4 different shades on the four quadrants of my lips because I wanted to compare. Besame Red was the clear winner.

Here are the four colors I tried:
besamesamples.jpg

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Babydoll said:
I have the Red Velvet color, too... but it's too bright for my daily wear. :D

Should've been more specific-- the Revlon Red Velvet is my "vintage everyday" lippy... but on my non-vintage days I have a tough time pulling off a red-red like that, so I use Physician's Formula Illuminating Lip Lacquer in Shabby Sherry. I'll admit I originally picked it up because its in a cute vintage-y vial, but I love it to death for everyday!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
pigeon toe said:
marchapril07030.jpg

That's my Besame lipliner in red with my sample of Red Velvet (my actual tube of Red Velvet is much, much darker though, I'm thinking the samples got mixed up).

I tried to do a more 40's lip, it was fun! I think it worked well.

that shape is beautiful but

how did you get your hair like that!!! it's exactly what i strive for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe