Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Goldfish

A-List Customer
I LOVE your style!

LelaViavonie said:
So this past Friday I went out for a lunch date with the girls and I had a VERY good hair day.. it was HOT and I was not about to have my hair down so I could melt.. so I decided to add a scarf that has been laying around the house in my hair to add some pazzaz to my updo..

This is the front.. I did a pomp roll with my bangs

090509007.jpg

Here is a picture of the top..
090509008.jpg

The back...
090509009.jpg

The side...
090509010.jpg

Sorry for all the pics, I was just soo excited to hace such a good hair day :)

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies!

I got Lauren Rennells' book this week and I can't say enough wonderful things about it...it's a work of art! Not just the styling but the quality of the book, the photos, the research. All excellent!

I am doing a super-gushy review on my youtube channel today. I would love for the video to get enough views to really make an impact on her sales and help promote the book. My channel is linked below and the video should be the featured video on the page.

Bravo, Lauren!!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
So I tried a new way of setting my hair last night here is the set
1.jpg

2.jpg

This is what it looked like when I took it down before I styled it
4.jpg

5.jpg

Now here it is styled
from the front
8.jpg

from the back
7.jpg

from the side
10.jpg

then I went out with a friend after work and I changed it up
15.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Hairstyle with a hat

I need help ladies! I bought a cute little hat to wear tomorrow night but I can't think how to style my hair with it.
Here's the hat
il_75x75.82863119.jpg

il_430xN.82863558.jpg

I haven't got a recent picture of my hair but it about arm pit length with no layers or bangs.
I'm unsure how to style with the hat since it's an unusual shape.
Anyone have any hairstyle suggestions?

sorry about the odd placed post...I couldn't find a "hairstyle help" thread. :p

quona

New in Town
Hello all. First post here, but I figured I needed to stop lurking and being creepy and looking at everyone else's pictures and finally post some of my own.

This is just a plain old dry pincurl set, alternating directions every row. I used diluted Lottabody while setting (so really, it's more of a damp set), a rat tail comb and some double prong pin curl clips. I let it dry up and crust over (lol) for about a day and a half before combing it out.

My hair is cut like a long Middy (in a certain book, it is known as the "Femme Fatale" cut).

Front :
IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

Back :
IMG_2404.jpg

Side :
IMG_2406.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
So many gorgeous looks!!

LisaFreemontSt said:
LOL...This isnt as 'vintage' as some of my other work but I did this 'mushroom' hairstyle yesterday when I was entering a 'Fantasia' Makeup Contest on youtube. It made me giggle so I thought you guys might like it too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98898637@N00/3883597503/

My 2 year old kept pointing and saying 'hat-mommy-hat?'lol

The eyelashes are amazing! They bring the whole look up a notch!

LelaViavonie said:

This is such a pretty shot! And the pink against your hair looks very lovely.

Emer

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
From the wedding I went to this weekend. I don't ever really do a "vintage" style per se, I just have a particular and failproof updo that I do because it's easy and hassle free.

DSCF2483.jpg

You should do a tutorial on this "fool proof" updo. It's very sophisticated, and yet easy to dress up. I'm running off to see what that dress looks like in the other thread!

Grant Fan said:

The curls you got out of this set are amazing. They look like they were done with a small barreled curling iron. Great job!

Antje

One Too Many
Grant fan, you look amazing, you used a lot of pincurls, but great job

Odalisque, what a lovely hat, maybe a sort of a fake bob with
curls would look great with it. Try to roll your hair under to fake the bob
or a sort of roll in your neck

quona, lovely do

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Antje said:
Grant fan, you look amazing, you used a lot of pincurls, but great job

I know I used a lot I have more hair then most people ever dream of having. when I go get my hair cut (mind you I have been using the same stylist for years) every time she gets in there she can only say "Wow I always forget how much hair you have. If I use less pin curls my hair take 12 + hours to dry a luxury I rarely have.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Au nautral

I happened to let my hair air dry today because I'm going to be doing so much to it this weekend. I was pleasently surprised at the soft waves I have!

001_2-1.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Grant Fan said:
I know I used a lot I have more hair then most people ever dream of having. when I go get my hair cut (mind you I have been using the same stylist for years) every time she gets in there she can only say "Wow I always forget how much hair you have. If I use less pin curls my hair take 12 + hours to dry a luxury I rarely have.

Oh no, 12+ hours that's amazing, it is maybe a lot of hair, but it looks totally beautifull on you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe