Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
You can't see it that well, but this was yesterday's:

trollyyc1.jpg

I was trying to emulate Myrna Loy, but of course mine will never look that good :p

Adele

One of the Regulars
LauraChase - Love the bob on you!

StaceFace- You know, I really can see how it was inspired by Myrna Loy. You look beautiful!! I'm kind of jealous, but in an admiring way. Not the mean kind.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
I had my long hair chopped off. :D

Laura, you look so beautiful! I tried to bob mine like that, and for a while it worked, but the guy that cut my hair put funky layers in the back. Plus, he told me blunt bangs would make my face look compressed, but I had them before and they worked... [huh] Anyways, you look marvelous!

Miss Molly

New in Town
Gorgeous!

Stace Face, I love your hair in that photo! I recently had my long hair chopped off to a bob length, and for the life of me I can't work out how to make it look like that! What did you do to it? Was it pincurled? My pincurls are rubbish... [huh]

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Miss Molly said:
Stace Face, I love your hair in that photo! I recently had my long hair chopped off to a bob length, and for the life of me I can't work out how to make it look like that! What did you do to it? Was it pincurled? My pincurls are rubbish... [huh]

Oh thanks! This was my pseudo-bob grown out to about an inch past my chin. I slept in the foam rollers overnight and took them out in the morning. Beings as I'm not the most dexterous person, I had my sister-in-law spritz each length to be curled with Lottabody setting lotion and roll them for me. It looked horrible when I woke up, but I kept brushing and then I pinned back the sides right above my ears. Maybe one day I will be able to roll my own hair *dreams* lol

And thanks Adele! :eek: This is the first time everything went like it was supposed to when I got dressed.

Miss Molly

New in Town
Ooh yay!

It sounds kinda simple! I just need to get me some decent rollers, since pincurls are evidently to be avoided by me... I've asked for some pretty hair combs from my sister for Christmas too, so I should soon have a nice supply of lovely hair thingies :D

Inky

One Too Many
Halloween Hairdo

Halloween was our 5th wedding anniversary and the hubby and I went out dancing. My do turned out okay, sorry for the lousy pics, such dark hair is the devil to photograph!

Some standing up pin curls and sponge rag rollers - left to dry over night with a 1 to 1 ratio of Lottabody
2999649621_86bd9f7aa1_m.jpg

After the styling - I sure do need more help with fly aways, but the 3 curl/baby rolls on top turned out well (and stayed all weekend!)
3000489512_e2c62d4042.jpg

The happy couple!
2999650099_b0981ce6a0.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
StaceFace, you have beautiful eyebrows! And I'm also sure that bangs suit your face since you have a high forehead. The guy who cut me wasn't sure they'd suit me because my forehead is tiny but they work out really well, so I think bangs look nice on most people, you just need the right length.

Now, I'm looking forward to pin curling my bob in order to get a poofy Clara Bow look.

gingermore

Familiar Face
Like Laura Chase I've also had my hair cut short recently. Here is a recent set with hot rollers. A bit messy and my hair is dry and frizzy at the moment:( but I was pretty happy with the overall shape.
MyPicture.jpg
MyPicture-1.jpg
MyPicture.jpg

JezebelDiVine

New in Town
My first attempt at a victory roll

I'm pretty sure this is wrong, but on Halloween since I had to work I used that as my muse for my first try at these ever so popular rolls. In the end I loved my hair and makeup. But advice on structure and what not would be great.

Image068.jpg

This picture of me is scary but it displayed my hair (sorta). Tell me what you think!

Lorien:)

Sisu

New in Town
First post.

Came across the site looking for ways to do my hair for a dead celebrity party, I have longer hair
n207104104_31116446_453.jpg

so I had to roll it all up and pin it with bobby pins.
[Several failed attempts with pincurls and rollers later...]

n502043142_909484_601.jpg

b8sgsi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe