Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
SerenityAshes said:
oh my god!! you look adorable Artful Dodgette, especially that bow on the site... P.S. You've got a really devilish look on your face, just like a little girl who just did something wrong hehehe :p

ha ha! i'd just been down to the kitchen at work and snaffled loads of chocolates! is it that obvious!! i thought i'd got away with it! he he:p

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
artful dodgette said:
ha ha! i'd just been down to the kitchen at work and snaffled loads of chocolates! is it that obvious!! i thought i'd got away with it! he he:p

Oh no hun, you won't!! Were there's chocolate involved.. i'll smell it, even if it's miles away from me lol

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Darling pic Dodgette!

Nothing exciting really, just slept in large pink foam rollers. Used end papers and rolled WITHOUT tension. Sat under the dryer for about a half hour the next morning, picked thru with fingers and put in combs.
NIkki
1408627290_db2c75b095.jpg

ignore the mess, we're remodeling!
1407659157_a0736129d9.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just got a hairs cut. Here's a set I did yesterday with hot rollers:
l_b99103ad747d3140a47d2f29ca23db4a.jpg

And with a wet set:
l_9e4193a95ebbd507fc8a2bf83325b819.jpg

I want them a little tighter so I'm going to try out sponge rollers soon. :)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
ssubialdea said:
to join in on the frizzy hair treatment conversation. I too, have naturally curly, thick frizzy hair. The best methods I found to tame it are: shampoo (only the scalp and let the water rinse it through the rest of the hair) condition and deep condition every 2-3 days. Apply gel/mousse while wet for natural curl (dry naturally and don't brush) or set w/ rollers overnight and brush out for smooth waves. A calming or smoothing cream does wonders for this hair type too.

I know this was posted a few days ago, but I thought I'd add my two cents in--my hair's curly too (I can't seem to set it without creating major frizz!), but when I have it natural, it usually looks nice. I don't use shampoo at all, actually, just a no build-up conditioner in the shower and a spray leave-in conditioner when I get out (no blow-drying or towel-turban either, just a towel to get the excess water). I also put pins on the crown of my head to lift those roots so it isn't flat by the time I have to go to work. The leave-in stuff is great to tame frizz and enhance shine.

And Lauren, your hair is lovely!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't remodel a thing, you're fine!

ohairas said:
Darling pic Dodgette!

Nothing exciting really, just slept in large pink foam rollers. Used end papers and rolled WITHOUT tension. Sat under the dryer for about a half hour the next morning, picked thru with fingers and put in combs.
NIkki

Oh, you mean the house!
No really, lovely hair, lovely gal. What a great color too! The hair, not the gal! Well, the gal too - we like being pale!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Nikki, you always have the most beautiful hair! and I'm jealous of how long it is!! The curls are to die for!!

Lauren, I love love love your do!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls!! :D
Actually thinking of cutting my hair, which is usually the only time I really do anything with it, ha!

Lauren, adorable new cut! The photobooth pics are always such fun, and your wet set pic truly looks authentic.
Nikki

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
ohairas said:
Darling pic Dodgette!

NIkki

Ok, I've decided, in my next life, I'm going to look like this. My god you're beautiful.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eek: Oh please, *blush*, you girls are too much!
Thank you Grnidwitch~
And I've been feeling quite old and ugly lately!
Nikki
Grnidwitch said:
Ok, I've decided, in my next life, I'm going to look like this. My god you're beautiful.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
LadyDeWinter said:
Ohairas, I am so jealous. Your hair is so thick, shiny and curly, it is so beautiful. And my hais is so thin...:(

You forgot red. She's a killer redhead. I'd rather be red than blonde.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Grnidwitch said:
You forgot red. She's a killer redhead. I'd rather be red than blonde.
ARGH! And I've been thinking about going dark for fall!

Blondes make awesome redheads!! Try it!
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe