Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Tatum your hair looks beautiful, and the color is lovely, just all round fabulous.
Kittyred, welcome. If you curl the sections that you are going to roll first it helps. Also I find that making my rolls a smaller around helps me keep control of my hair. Also if you put hair spray in our hair and lightly comb it through that helps too because it helps it stick together. Keep trying it takes a while the first few times it never comes out the way we hope.

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks everyone!

Just got done at the salon, sitting around in pin curls and a new, shorter middy. Hopefully the on the fly set my stylist gave me will be adorable and I will have pics for later!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Everyone is looking great! I love to reread this thread for inspiration on those days I'm feeling stuck in the rut. Here's a rockabilly updo I wore around the house today. More pics here http://willowhomestead.blogspot.com/2011/09/so-first-day-of-autumn-is-officially.html

updo2.jpg

zombi

A-List Customer
Kittyred -- my hair is thin and long, too. I have yet to master rolls. Good luck to the both of us! But I think it looks nice. everyone says practice is what helps the most!

Rue -- thanks! that is just henna & cassia over my naturally strawberry-ish blonde hair.

ETA: GrantFan, lovely as always.

BoPeep -- the hair is cute, but I'm struck by your jacket/shirt! Adorable!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
thank you! recently discovered pastel nails look really nice on me despite pastel clothes washing me out totally. they're mauve with blue tips :)

yep, i took all my hair from the side. it is ridiculously thin, i think if i literally took ALL of my hair it would just about make a passable one without backcombing! not really an option. yep, definitely need to practice with neatness, and the positioning i think, as i find that quite hard too. thanks for the tip.
1. You look adorable
2. I find positioning hard too.
3. You could try a rat to fill it out a bit might make it easier to roll too.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Kittyred -- my hair is thin and long, too. I have yet to master rolls. Good luck to the both of us! But I think it looks nice. everyone says practice is what helps the most!

Rue -- thanks! that is just henna & cassia over my naturally strawberry-ish blonde hair.

ETA: GrantFan, lovely as always.

BoPeep -- the hair is cute, but I'm struck by your jacket/shirt! Adorable!

Zombi it took me a year and a lot of tears to get them and I still think I could be doing them better. I think they are more natural for some people than others perhaps it just depends on the hair type as well as the aptitude.

TheRedSquare

New in Town
The last few pages has so many lovely hair do's I could go on for days saying what I love about each one. All of you ladies look simply stunning. Perfection!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Tatum. I didn't set it at all. That's my lazy hair - just washed & air dried. My hair has a lot of natural body & wave. While it is wet I use a bobby pin to clip my bangs back and I pin the sides back over my ears, which is why I get that nice wave in the front. Then I just use a brush to form the rest into place & curl the ends under, and let it dry. The only styling products I usually put in is some Cantu shea butter. It takes about 3 hours to dry, then I sleep on it. In the morning I sometimes have to touch up the ends with a curling iron, but otherwise I'm good to go.

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Hi - firstly you ladies are all so inspiring and I've already learned so much from you - thankyou!

This is a picture of my friend Kate and I before an annual dinner last year (I'm on the left). It was one of the first attempts at pincurling I did and was done with damp hair for about 3 hrs. Kate didn't know what to do so I basically just attacked her hair with a curling iron :p
You'll have to forgive the photo quality - it's a mirror reflection.

annualdinner-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Tatum

Practically Family
Ok, here we go! New middy that is challenging me. I think I need to go with bigger rollers. No pomade, hairspray, pins or other accoutrements, this is just my hair!

wpid-IMAG0201.jpg

wpid-IMAG0202.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld