Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Thora Zine said:
I was doing some research for a video project and came across this little gem in the Prellinger archives (other fantastic stuff in there if you're up to browsing, the anti-perversion films are hilarious!) ..

Combing out the pin curls is interesting to watch .. and that little girl is such a doll! Ah, refeshing to see 'normal' looking ladies doing the styling ..

http://www.archive.org/details/CarollsB1941

(If your connection is slow, there are download options on the left side menu.)
WOW, this takes me back! Well, I went to Beauty School... Cosmotology School, when I was in high school (I gradutated in the late '80s) and we still had to do pin curls and finger waves!

But this really makes me want an old hooded hair dryer!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
This is my "June Allyson Eat Your Heart Out" page boy.
Me
Photo0100.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous hair Miss N! Reminds me of Betty Grable in those great scans from Photoplay on another thread. Can I ask what kind of cut you have? Do you have the middy cut they show in 1940's hair, general layers?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Gorgeous hair Miss N! Reminds me of Betty Grable in those great scans from Photoplay on another thread. Can I ask what kind of cut you have? Do you have the middy cut they show in 1940's hair, general layers?

Yea...its just a very basic cut...slightly layered...

I think I need -more- layers...but hair cuts are a luxury right now...so I am making due with what it is...

Its just very thick and thus is hard to roll.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i'm actually really proud of my hair the last few days. i've managed rolls that stay put all day and only take me 10 mins (not quick for some of you, but it's my best time yet).
DSC00571.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
sophia la shok said:
i'm actually really proud of my hair the last few days. i've managed rolls that stay put all day and only take me 10 mins (not quick for some of you, but it's my best time yet).
DSC00571.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Sophia, it looks fabulous! Great job and I am jealous it takes you so little time.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Great rolls Sophia!
Miss N, I like your hair too. Looks very soft and natural as others said!
Faythe, I love the page boy.. looks like your hair is really growing fast!
Kimberly, I think I mentioned in another thread how much I like your hair that way! ;)
Nikki

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Sophia I love your rolls and bangs, I whish I could do my hair that way.

Neceerie your curls are fabulous.

Faythe your page boy is so cute I wish I knew how to do that.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Faythe, your hair really is growing fast! It looks great, I really like it:)

Sophie your rolls look great too:eusa_clap I have so much trouble getting my rolls to be at the right angle. I have no problem getting the rolls in, but once they are pinned they seem to be too horizontal and stick out. I've figured out how to make them more angled, or tapered, but my hands just aren't letting me do it. It's so frustrating when my brain is saying one thing and my hands are doing something totally different[huh] But, your's are at the perfect slant, I really like them, well done:eusa_clap

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Thanks!! :) I've been getting a lot of complements at work wearing this also.
I just roll it at night with 3/4 inch magnetic rollers long ways through out and the bottom under. In the morning I use round brush to brush the rolls under and spray like a maniac to hold it through out the long day. Pull the bangs up and twist and clip with a boby and spray spray.

I think the growing fast may be one of the positive side effects of the meds I am on...Yeeeeah positive side effects!!! lol Since the weather is getting hotter my hair starts to get dry (chlorine) and staticky (how the heck do you spell that???) so I switched to a reconcstructive/hydrating olive oil based shampoo to try and bypass all of that. It's been leaving my hair fuller and smells good, only time will tell with the rest.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Faythe-That is so cute on you!I think you've inspired me to grow my hair back out.

Sophia-Your rolls are perfect and you have great eyes.Something about them makes me think of Betty Boop.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Everyone's hair is amazing!! I am so impressed with how nicely people are advancing in their hair techniques! :) Bravo to you all!!

Here is how I wore my hair last night on my date. I was hoping that my ends would be slightly more curled, but sadly, my hair is getting too long and I only had them set for an hour (instead of 5+). I was trying to channel Betty Grable... butI don't think I did so well. LOL

vh003-001.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LolitaHaze said:
Everyone's hair is amazing!! I am so impressed with how nicely people are advancing in their hair techniques! :) Bravo to you all!!

Here is how I wore my hair last night on my date. I was hoping that my ends would be slightly more curled, but sadly, my hair is getting too long and I only had them set for an hour (instead of 5+). I was trying to channel Betty Grable... butI don't think I did so well. LOL

vh003-001.jpg

Girl, you look hot! Did your date fall off his seat or anything when he saw you? Just askin'.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:

vh003-001.jpg

Your hair always looks gorgeous! I really wish I had thick hair like yours, fine hair is such a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld