Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
I have a boar brishtle brush, it is the cheaper version of the mason and pearson brush, (rolls royce of hairbrushes)
And I think you must get the hang of it, it takes a lot of practice to wear vintage style but when you manage to do it, it is not so difficult at all.

For a setting lotion I now use a little bottle of Junior, I don't know if it is sold outside holland, and I like that one.
and I recently ordered a bottle of Lottabody, I read a lot about it and most ladies love it, I had not the change to try it so I don't know.

Thank you! I've never bothered styling my hair before so this is entirely new for me. The most I ever did was toss it into a pony tail. lol I've tried rag rollers(not sure if that's the proper term) and those seem to be the best for my hair. However the brushing it out was lost on me.

But thank you, I will try a boar bristle brush... is that brush used for regular brushing out (getting tangles out before styling) or just for styling? How many brushes do you gals have? Sorry for all the questions. :eek:

Antje

One Too Many
This was me today, It was just a quickie because it was sooo hot over here

ir54d2.jpg

2vxoj7a.jpg

5oc8pv.jpg

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I rarely post on this thread, but do look at it a lot for ideas to try out. Antje, your styles are definitely on my must try list...you look wonderful! :eusa_clap

Antje

One Too Many
Jennifer Lynn said:
I rarely post on this thread, but do look at it a lot for ideas to try out. Antje, your styles are definitely on my must try list...you look wonderful! :eusa_clap

Thanks so much, and then to know that I also look for new styles overhere

Retro Chick

New in Town
Melanie I love your new fringe. I've just grown mine out and I keep wondering whether to cut them back in.

I have nightmares getting curls to stay in my hair and not frizz. But this weekend I had a play with some foam rollers and setting lotion, then brushed it out using a really soft bristle brush that used to be my Mums in the 60s. I was quite pleased with the result. I found that using a little bit of serum on my hands stopped it frizzing too.

4763731228_6277f57719_z.jpg

melanie

One of the Regulars
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments about my hair, I was abit unsure about my hair at first, but now that I have read all your great comments, it has really gave me a boost of confidence. :) x

Retro Chick, I love your hairstyle, it is fab! :) x

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Retro Chick, your hair looks lovely! I'll have to try your serum tip next time I try sponge rollers, as frizz is usually an issue for me when I use them.

melanie

One of the Regulars
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Hi Melanie,
if you're coming to any 1940s events in the UK I can help.
K

Thank you so much, could you tell me of the 40s events that you know of, as I am having such a hard time searching the net for them, and I really want to attend some, as long as I can get to them easily. :)

melanie

One of the Regulars
I have naturally curly hair, I just have to scrunch it up with a bit of mousse and it goes very curly. Do you think these curls , natural curls, will be ok for a vintage look, or should I try to do more structured curls with rollers ect...

I have tried out pin curls, and they looked very nice, and I have put rollers in my hair, what a nightmare that was to try to fall asleep with those in, lol.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
melanie said:
I have naturally curly hair, I just have to scrunch it up with a bit of mousse and it goes very curly. Do you think these curls , natural curls, will be ok for a vintage look, or should I try to do more structured curls with rollers ect...

I have tried out pin curls, and they looked very nice, and I have put rollers in my hair, what a nightmare that was to try to fall asleep with those in, lol.
Generally speaking, natural curls don't give a vintage look. Sleeping in rollers just takes time to get used to.

crwritt

One Too Many
melanie said:

Since you are naturally blessed with curls, you should be able to learn how to work them into a vintage look. I have natural curls too, and I don't fight them any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe