Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
LOL! Too cute!

ScotchWiskey.. are you out there? I wanna see your photos too, but it says they've been removed.. wahhh..
Nikki

marineabilly said:
She truly adores playing make-up and dress-up with "Mama" - can't you tell?

DSC00869.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I thought I'd stick it in here...look at some of theses cute styles in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZYklwj_bGQ&feature=related

I just had an amusing moment, I spent the day in the garage working on my car with my dad, he and my mom went for a 4-Wheeler ride and I just assumed we were done for the day, went in got a shower and put my hair up in curlers to play with a new style. When the parents got back my mom told me my dad wanted me to join him in the garage to paint the windshield wipers...the look on his face when I walked out in curlers was hilarious!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Hiya goils! Sorry I've been away so long... I'll try to hang out more this year, I promise!

I wore my faux pomp hairpiece for a sock hop recenlty~
HPIM7218.JPG

HPIM7225.JPG

You can see more about the sock hop here.

The hairpiece doesn't always match my current hair color tho... and then on one of my new favorite blogs I found a pomp tutorial I think y'all will love~ check it out!
http://bobbypinblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/tha-happy-pompadour.html
Nikki

You manage to be both stunning and adorable! Not to mention a lifesaver for directing me to the bobbypin blog (Needed styling ideas for a Burlesque Show) and mentioning the sock hop. :)offtopic: Decided that's just the theme I was looking for my Son's 2nd B-day party)
Thank you,thank you!
Glad to see you back,missed you and I've just recently started to do more than lurk myself.

Ales Rider

New in Town
Halloooo Everyone!!!

Well here i am in my vintage glory!! (not!). Please note my absolute bargain 40's style dress from Tesco (yep Tesco!) for a whole £3.00!! - Very pleased with myself about that!!

I'm quite lucky with my hair because it curls up all on its own around the back and sides for about 4 inches at the bottom. Ideal for when i have my victory rolls in (as you can see!!) , but it desperately needs trimming into a style now as its getting hard to handle owing to me not having it cut for over a year!! My hair used to be very very short (my ex boyfriend used to run the electric clippers thru it for me - yep THAT short) but i fancied growing it out after having it short for around 10 years and my pic shows the resuts.

Thank you so much ladies for posting all your fab pics and advice on here. so nice to put faces to names and hairstyles :).

love Ales xxx

photo.php

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ohairas, you are the most gorgeous lass in the whole wide world!

And I must say, the ponytail tip from the Bobby Pin Blog is priceless! I just tried it and it works like a charm, even though my hair is too short right now. Brilliant!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Ales Rider said:
Halloooo Everyone!!!

Well here i am in my vintage glory!! (not!). Please note my absolute bargain 40's style dress from Tesco (yep Tesco!) for a whole £3.00!! - Very pleased with myself about that!!

I'm quite lucky with my hair because it curls up all on its own around the back and sides for about 4 inches at the bottom. Ideal for when i have my victory rolls in (as you can see!!) , but it desperately needs trimming into a style now as its getting hard to handle owing to me not having it cut for over a year!! My hair used to be very very short (my ex boyfriend used to run the electric clippers thru it for me - yep THAT short) but i fancied growing it out after having it short for around 10 years and my pic shows the resuts.

Thank you so much ladies for posting all your fab pics and advice on here. so nice to put faces to names and hairstyles :).

love Ales xxx

photo.php
I love your hair! Can I ask what dye you use? I have pink at the front n black at the back but Im thinking of switching to red. Yours looks gorgeous. So does your dress. What a bargain!

Inky

One Too Many
Okay, you guys just keep inspiring me to try harder, so here's last weekends do

3236311201_1a8577ccdd.jpg

3236311509_b2fd40bfc0.jpg

Achieved with hot rollers, thermal spray and a bit of Layrite pomade. I STILL get flyaways - but my hair is so coarse, I have always had that problem.

I can't wait til the back is long enough for that middy u-shape!!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
INKY!!! You are stunnung! I love the color fo your hair!!!

WHat an insparation.. I really need to figure out how to set my hair so that it can look like that.. Hmmmm... mabey I should give hot roller another go :)

Inky

One Too Many
Lelaviavonie - thank you so much - I love my hot rollers and it's just a basic set, 3 across the top, 2 on each side and about 8 or so in the back.

JessiLynn - I use Special Effects in Nuclear Red. I get it done every 2 months or so, and then touch it up at home as needed. I also only wash my hair once a week, so it lasts a good long time.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
My Hair-dos

I'm a new member and wanted to show you some of my hair styles. I don't often take pictures of my hair but here are a few. I have thick hair and I like to keep it well groomed usually when doing period hair styles. I'm half Chinese and German so I have lots of hair to play with! :)

hair.jpg

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Lovely, thanks for letting me know! I used to use their Blood Red, was never brave enough for the brighter ones:p It looks absolutely amazing on you though!

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
deco_darling said:
I'm a new member and wanted to show you some of my hair styles. I don't often take pictures of my hair but here are a few. I have thick hair and I like to keep it well groomed usually when doing period hair styles. I'm half Chinese and German so I have lots of hair to play with! :)

hair.jpg
I love your hair! Those styles are adorable, and I especially like the middle one :)
Welcome to the fedora lounge!

Inky

One Too Many
Deco Darling, you are so beautiful - I love your exotic look (and I have eyebrow envy of yours!). Welcome to the Lounge and keep those pretty hair-do's coming - everyone is so motivating for me to keep trying new things.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
deco_darling said:

hair.jpg
I love your hair! Especially love the first style. It suits your lovely face shape perfectly :)

Yixuan

New in Town
Hello everyone! Im new here!:) (so excited to be able to post finally!) though i have been lurking around alot for there past months. I realised i actually have a non-free email account that had been left forgotten and I registered right away! I have been very inspired by the pictures you girls have posted. I still cannot believe i found this forum with all vintage enthusiasts- I dont know anyone in real life who are into vintage at all. I feel so much less of an alien now! Here is a picture of me recently, I was trying for a shanghai vintage style.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg79/giannaliveournal/Vintage/SNC01054.jpg?t=1233288589

OH NO the picture above is so huge and I couldnt make it smaller even when i adjusted it from photobucket! I better put it as a link

This was when I just started out to experiment with classic hairstyle
DSC04617.jpg

Before I even found fedoral lounge.
DSC04701.jpg

Apparently guys dont like it when I don styles like these!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe