Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Kamikat - Your hair looks amazing, and you are so cute!!

Adele - That wave is fabulous. I love it so!

The Shirt - Great minds indeed! I love how your hair turned out though, the red is so so pretty on you!

Cherry Lips - Haha thank you so much, but I think your eyes are fooling you!

Brooksie

One Too Many
missmelly said:
So, this was from my birthday party last month. That's my husband and I'm holding my niece.
The theme of the party was 1933 and I went to a hair dresser to have the fingerwave set. She did a great job and was very happy to do them.
missmelly.jpg

Happy b-lated b-day MissM - so who on earth did you find in Portland to do those finger waves?! Or was it in portland?

Simply smaaashing darling!

Brooks

Lillemor

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Today was the Perfect Storm for hair. The bonnet dryer I got on ebay didn't work, but today, I decided to see if I got rig up my handheld dryer to the bonnet part and it worked. I also bought some LottaBody and switched back from perm rods to the old magnetic rollers. I also think some of it is due to my hair finally growing up long enough. The curls are well-formed and very soft. I feel like a 50's housewife!

2702194470_47dbc26c7b.jpg

It looks really lovely. I miss magnetic rollers. Can't find them around here.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
The Shirt - I know everyone else has already said, but thought I'd also jump in and say how gorgeous that hair colour is on you. Not many people can pull off a colour like that, but it suits you so well.

All of you ladies look so stunning :eusa_clap

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
My recent experiments

I've been trying some new variations with my hair recently. I don't have a lot of time in the mornings as I also have two little girls to get ready (4 &1 y.o), so they have to be quick and high impact.

The first look was inspired by Rosie the Riveter and was great fun for a day of cleaning. It is all done by creating about 5 large barrel curls on top after securing in a high pony tail, and then using a barrel roll (off set) for the fringe.

The second look was for baby's first birthday on Saturday. It is hard to see the detail but it is a french roll at the back with barrel curls on top. Sorry the detail isn't better, I have to take all the shots myself and it is rather hard to judge.

If anyone is interested I have created a video tutorial of how I did the last look, on my blog. Hair Tutorial
P1010020-3.jpg

P1010031-3.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Horrible hair nightmare!

Do you ever had bad haircut dreams?
I woke up this morning dreaming that my husband told me I needed to add finely chopped hair to some dish we were cooking, and I took the scissors and cut off all my hair in the front so that I had bangs that were too short and jagged!
I was so relieved to wake up! What does that mean, Dr. Freud?

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you SKM!! I need all the tutorial's for hair I can get :)

Miss 1929: That would completely freak me out - I wonder if we have any dream interpretors on board that can tell us - but I venture a guess it means you've been reading this thread too much :D

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
swinggal said:
I've been wearing a beret a lot in winter lately. Is also good when I don't have a lot of time for doing my hair.

2706603622_0597e63507.jpg

oooh, berets! Yours looks smashing!
I looooooove berets, and they are certainly excellent for those days when I don't feel like washing my hair. lol hm, reminds me I should look for some new ones since I lost my last one during the last northern hemisphere winter...

SimplySarah

New in Town
Hello. This is my first post on this forum, though I've been enjoying reading all of these threads.

If any of you have been watching AMC's Mad Men, you will know that the early sixties hair, makeup, and clothes are to die for. It is as much fun observing the style as it is following the plot!

That brings me to my question, and I hope it's OK posting it here rather than starting a new thread. I'd like to recreate two hair styles from the show, and I'd appreciate if anyone had tips or could point me toward a website that has a how-to. The two hair styles:

fdvxug.jpg

and

2nj9elf.jpg

This one appears to be sort of a beehive or bouffant type hair-do.

Thanks so much for the help!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
So I was attempting to do someting about my hair :

Got it rolled up on hot curlers
took them out
fingerbrushed for 10 minutes
brushed with a comb for 5 minutes
then took the huge paddlebrush and went at it for 5 minutes again

sigh, looked more Farah Fawcett than anything else

then I tried to do some rolls! First went up great, the other one too.. then I thought I looked like someone from a movie.. The rolls had come out pretty big and volumous because of my hairlenght & thickness.. then it dawned on me I looked like this (just as a brunette) :

dracula.jpg

lol lol lol

Up in a ponytail everything went.

lol darhling, I can only dream of getting such volume with my rolls lol

I did a set last night. My 2nd ever one. Still lazy.

Unfortunately the results didn't photograph paricularly well, but I was so pleased with the result. I got a great wave on the right, but had to fix the other side, but on the plus side, I learned how to do waves with a curling iron. Much easier that sleeping in rollers anyway lol

PICT0280-1.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
SimplySarah said:

I am so in love with her!!!

You need your hair pretty short for a Joan-do probably just below jaw-line and you'd probably need to use big rollers. Set it wet overnight with the rollers wound down from your crown at the back. Then use a lot of back combing/ teasing to get the height on the crown and a LOT of hairspray.
That's my guess anyway!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe