Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lovely Ladies of the Lounge

dani said:
also please excuse my face i have no makeup on, and look horrible.
Hello gals! I personally think you all are charming and pretty with or without make-up. I feel kind of sad when you put your looks down, hide your faces, say you look like feces (!), etc. Modern girls (not to mention men) cannot hold a candle to any of you, and I feel a great warmth for you even if we haven't met. One of many examples of how wrong you are to think these things is the pic of Ohairas w the Vivien Leigh brow, in the vintage eyebrow thread. She didn't even want to post that pic, and when she did everyone fell in love with it/her! That's my two cents.

Naama

Practically Family
Probably it's that all of those girls are so pretty! So they are intimidated by the others(?) But sure, there is no need to be ;) And since I often in my live felt ugly because I just look different (now not speaking about my stile, just my face :p ) I now realise that's what most people attract! I also always wonder, how many of those stunning girls really realise how beautiful they are....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Dani, good job on your first go at rolls! :eusa_clap I work with girls who have no idea how to even part their hair, much less attempt to roll it or do anything with it. I applaud any girl that works on their hair, even if just a little. It's just getting used to handling it that's the trick.

Adele, Those waves are gorgeous. Not a typical wave look, but very 30's. (I mean in the "s" style) That's not meant to sound bad at all, I really like the wave you created, and have been trying to figure out how on earth you did that. Most of the wave clamps pinch to a pointy ridge, and yours are rounded. Did you use a marcel iron? It's really quite Hollywood, I must say. I love it. Man, I am sooo wishing I had short again. :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
CassD said:
I finally managed to get a set that was half-way decent. It's not exactly what I was going for, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

DSC06411.jpg

CassD, You have amazing hair and you're so striking! You remind me of an old friend, who also had hair to die for :)

PS - I also agree with the above ladies - let's not put ourselves down anymore :) We all have wonderful things to offer! XOXO

ShortClara

One Too Many
Dani, looks great! And natural beauties don't need the makeup :)

Adele said:
After more practice:
Hair.jpg

Adele, are these done with wave clips? Now that I have the shorter hair, I'd love to try this! Fabulous!

Adele said:
How did you get the curve inbetween the peaks? When I tried they were dead straight [huh] I did the fingerwave thing with the hair between the wave clips but when I brushed it out it just went dead straight! Also, the setting lotion stayed quite crispy so my hair looked very 'harsh' all day. How did you do yours? Are they pin curls at the bottom?

Oh my god I sound like a mentalist!! Your hair is very much how I would like to do mine is all lol sorry!!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Here is my new haircut straight. She razored the ends to make them flip a little, and it's cool; I haven't had that before. It's a little crazy here, but you get the idea :)

shortcutstraight.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Pink, you look just beautiful. I also like the two-tone. And that pic of Betty Grable has long been one of my hair inspirations. It's a goody.:D

zaika

One Too Many
shooshoobaby-thank you! i'm loving these colors, too! reminds me, i must go back for a touch up. :)

red - aw...thanks! i'm so proud of my silly wave!! can't wait to try it again. lol i just wish i could get my hair as shiny as yours!! i love your hair.

CassD

One of the Regulars
Pink: You look so beautiful. You're hair turned out wonderfully.

Zaika: The wave is fantastic! How did you do it??

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Here is my new haircut straight. She razored the ends to make them flip a little, and it's cool; I haven't had that before. It's a little crazy here, but you get the idea :)

shortcutstraight.jpg

That's so cute! That's a great style, and thanks for posting it!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I tried curling my hair yesterday:
2341823301_02f7bf3d4d.jpg

2341823241_a2b117e3d1.jpg

I have really thick hair so it takes a lot to curl it. I used my whole set of Hotsticks and half of my Remington rag rollers. This time I was brave enough to brush like crazy trying to form waves (I'm usually so afraid of brushing the curls out completely). It only half worked but I think it still turned out ok. Any advice for more height on top? I curled one row up, one row down. Thanks!

Snookie

Practically Family
I was inspired by ShooShooBaby's super-cute 'do a few pages back, and decided to try something different with my hair this weekend. I tried to copy her front roll going forward, but it wasn't working for me, so I did two on the same side. Not perfect, but considering I haven't done rolls in over a year, I was pretty pleased.

DSC01126.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01129.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01131.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my regular 'do, poufed in front and pulled back with combs. I'm going to post a tutorial for this later (in the setting pattern thread, I guess?):

DSC01157.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe