Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Laura Chase

One Too Many
oh THAT girl said:
I literally had 10 minutes this morning to get made up, do my hair and go out - but I made an attempt at a style (with 4 hair grips - hurrah?).It's my first attempt at anything like this!

Main question is this - do you lovely ladies think my face shape/features look ok with my hair back so much from my face like this? It's a really new thing for me!
I'll be playing more with my hair when I have the time soon :)

SP_A0026e.jpg

SP_A0024.jpg

It looks good and you can pull it off, but I think it suits you even better with hair swept down over your forhead like in your avatar, since you have a high forhead. Your face is slightly oblong, it seems from the pictures, or maybe it's just the angle. But if it is really the case, then I think the swept-back and upwards hair enhances the oblong shape and high forhead, whereas the do in your avatar makes your face appear more oval. Hope this is constructive. :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Misty, I LOVE that 'do on you!! It really suits your face! And it doesn't look school marm at all, until you put on the glasses. ;) I just love it!!

Retro mom: Very cute! I like the soft hair around the face too!!

Oh THAT girl: It looks good pulle dback, but try the sweep , or have it "Wave" on the forehead and then pulled back. I would like to see how that looks in comparison. ANd I think yoou would look lovely with a forward roll bang!!

Graet job ladies!!! very inspiring!

Misty

New in Town
Thank you very much, girls. I am trying out a bunch of stuff. I found some photos of Carole Landis and Betty Grabel that I am going to try to recreate this week. It's silly that I am so excited about my hair. LOL

ShortClara

One Too Many
I am drooling over all the hair ladies! I'm so boring every day bangs and curling iron :)

I am going to attempt an up-do for a Christmas party tonight - fingers crossed it goes well or back to boring hair LOL

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i just got a haircut for the first time in ages. i've been growing out my bangs, which is the most *annoying* thing ever! today i got them blended in with the rest of my hair, and the rest of it is layered a bit, and the back is cut in a slight u-shape for pincurling ease!

here it is, with no styling:
december055crop.jpg

here it is, after styling it for about 10 minutes. this is the first time i've been able to do any sort of rolling in months! i just pulled the sides up with clips, and used a curling iron a bit. it looks better in person!

hair.jpg

december083.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
i just got a haircut for the first time in ages. i've been growing out my bangs, which is the most *annoying* thing ever! today i got them blended in with the rest of my hair, and the rest of it is layered a bit, and the back is cut in a slight u-shape for pincurling ease!

here it is, with no styling:
december055crop.jpg

here it is, after styling it for about 10 minutes. this is the first time i've been able to do any sort of rolling in months! i just pulled the sides up with clips, and used a curling iron a bit. it looks better in person!

hair.jpg

december083.jpg

:eusa_clap

P.S. - Welcome back.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Misty said:
Thank you very much, girls. I am trying out a bunch of stuff. I found some photos of Carole Landis and Betty Grabel that I am going to try to recreate this week. It's silly that I am so excited about my hair. LOL

It's not silly at all that's why we're here! I love your do's and the glasses!!

Shooshoo, great to see you! Your hair looks awesome, the color too!
Nikki

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I'm very excited as this is my first proper post in 'show us your hairdos'!

I am really bad at doing my hair and usually just pin it up in a chignon and wear a hat when I go out. All my attempts at curling (with hot sticks or foam rollers) have always been complete disasters. :(

Last night I decided to try pin curls for the first time, so I pinned up the bottom of my hair, leaving the top straight, all around the nape. I then put a scarf over it and went to bed looking very glamorous! lol
IMAG0284.jpg

This morning, instead of leaving the pins in until this evening when I am going out, I thought "hmph. They will be a disaster anyway, my curls always are." and I took them out, and you know, I think they look quite good! Please excuse my very slobby outfit, I'm just in the house on my own studying and look terrible, but I had to take some pictures before the curls fall out and all evidence was lost forever!

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

Obviously its nothing compared to the amazing hair on the preceeding pages, but it's my first success with curls, I'm so pleased! :D

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Thanks! It's not as nice as your new do, but practice makes perfect! :D

I'm wearing my boyfriends jumper. How very glamorous lol

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
thanks, girls! ohairas, that's my natural color. i was thinking about going darker, but i've gotten two compliments on it in the last 24 hours, so maybe not!

ada, your curls look great! i bet it would look really cute with the front pulled back on the sides.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
thanks, girls! ohairas, that's my natural color. i was thinking about going darker, but i've gotten two compliments on it in the last 24 hours, so maybe not!

The colour is gorgeous, you're so lucky that's natural.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:

ada, your curls look great! i bet it would look really cute with the front pulled back on the sides.

I love how your hair color is in the photos. It looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe