Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Undertaker,
I've seen Navy Arms marked 50rd boxes of fresh .32 rimfire at gunshows for @ $35.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RIOT said:
Has anyone seen the Bruce Stern Collection that went up for auction?

No wonder BARs are hard to come by. This guy had every single one :p

I had posted a link to the actual auction site a while back, but that arms room pic is just amazing. :eusa_clap

Thanks for posting that, the auction list pics were sterile by comparison.

Someday... ;)

RIOT

Practically Family
Welcome carebear.

It's an amazing collection. I wish I had something even a third of that in my basement.

Someday... :)

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Here's a fun little piece...

67490-2.jpg

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
06-06-08_1752.jpg

06-06-08_1755.jpg

Newest addition, mid 80's Bullseye gun. Caspian frame, Army match slide and barrel. Bar-sto target rib. WAY more accurate than I can shoot it!

D

DeaconKC

Those all look great! I'm in agreement, I much prefer the 1903A3 to the 1903 for the sights.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Hard to believe he played Moses, he could have armed all those Israelites with his collection ! It's sad that that collection will be auctioned off (?). I hope it will be in some museum where people like us can see them.

warbird

One Too Many
While that is a nice collection and Charlton Heston indeed had a wonderful collection himself, that is not Heston's collection I can assure you.

That collection in the pic was recently auctioned off.

By the way, I also like the Shrike Commander.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Madcap72 said:
06-06-08_1752.jpg

06-06-08_1755.jpg

Newest addition, mid 80's Bullseye gun. Caspian frame, Army match slide and barrel. Bar-sto target rib. WAY more accurate than I can shoot it!

HEY! That is neat!!!
I really like that Bar-Sto Rib!!
Is it in .45 ACP? Many bullseye guns are in .38 super or 10MM....

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Bullseye Shooting

The bullseye game is 22RF,centerfire and 45ACP.The centerfire is usually shot with 45ACP,38 special or 32S&W all chmbered in semi-autos.There are special matches such as the Harry Reeves match for revolvers only.I have never heard of anyone using the 38 super or the 10mm in a bullseye match.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Yea it's .45. Back home I have a Rock Island in .38 super great gun! Eventually I'll get a .38 slide for this one, it's my preferred calibre.

ISPC is what uses .38 super a lot. The top end guns are the ones with crazy 30 round mags, huge red dot scopes, massive compensators and super hot loaded ammo.

Bullseye sounds frigging TOUGH though 50 yards one handed? 25 yards one handed rapid fire? Lofty goals for me.

warbird

One Too Many
Curt Dawson said:
The bullseye game is 22RF,centerfire and 45ACP.The centerfire is usually shot with 45ACP,38 special or 32S&W all chmbered in semi-autos.There are special matches such as the Harry Reeves match for revolvers only.I have never heard of anyone using the 38 super or the 10mm in a bullseye match.

IPSC Still uses some .38 super and bullseye used to be very popular with the .38 super. The .38 special for semi-autos was always a nearly non-existent load for bullseye. Very few companies even offered it, but the Colt .38 Super was very popular. For whatever reason I found a large bag of .38 super ammo in one of my ammo boxes the other day. I don't recall ever owning one, though I have shot quite a few.

The 10mm was never popular with the bullseye crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld