Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jawisher- I'll bet your story is the same as mine as to why the bolt has a different #. I got mine home and put it in closet months before I planned to use it. When I got it out I found the extractor claw broken so I took the bolt back to Sears to exchange. Yeah Sears had them for sale in the 70s once.

D

DeaconKC

"Meth lab Mauser"

My Mauser was seized in a raid we did on a meth lab several years ago. When the Sheriff's department sold them off, I bought it to give it a good home. Has it's dirty birds and all.

jawisher

Familiar Face
Twitch said:
Jawisher- I'll bet your story is the same as mine as to why the bolt has a different #. I got mine home and put it in closet months before I planned to use it. When I got it out I found the extractor claw broken so I took the bolt back to Sears to exchange. Yeah Sears had them for sale in the 70s once.

That could well be. I got my Mauser in 1993 from a gun show. I can report that I have not broken its extractor since then, but who knows what may have happened to its bolt in the 48 years preceding?

Actually, I had heard that when U.S. soldiers collected weapons from the surrendering Wehrmacht, it was standard practise to remove the bolts, put the rifles in one pile, and put all the bolts in a second pile. I guess this was for make-shift security reasons. Because of that, most of the Mauser bringbacks collected from such piles never have a matching bolt. You only find them matching when some one "collected" a Mauser all at once and shipped it home that way. Maybe someone can confirm whether this is true or not.

DeaconKC said:
My Mauser was seized in a raid we did on a meth lab several years ago. When the Sheriff's department sold them off, I bought it to give it a good home. Has it's dirty birds and all.

LOL! That is an outstanding provenance for any weapon!

Mine has all its "dirty birds" too. I read that later on in the war, when Germans were beginning to get cynical, they started referring to it as the "Bankrupt Vulture".

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Levallois, you don't know how jealous i am of that model 1887...my favorite shotgun of all time...i want one so bad...
i like the mil-spec, Rudy...i'm thinking of getting a colt gold cup...
looks to be one of the best 1911s around...

carebear

Couldn't find any of the other threads.

My buddy has one of these in his shop right now. His is nickeled (original?) and looks in fine shape. $499 for a real classic snubbie with style.

GAsherlock_120507C.jpg

up196

A-List Customer
.450 Webley

I believe it is a Webley Metropolitan Police Model with a short barrel. Very similar to the RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary) Model, though.

carebear

The one I mentioned (versus the picture posted) is definitively an R.I.C. M&P in .450.

I (and Story) did a little research based on the markings and serial number of the actual revolver over the weekend.

That picture, at the time, was the closest I could find.

shortbow

Practically Family
My mistake, and pls forgive my big mouth anyhow. Just thought it looked more .442 than .450, and was confused by the crane. Very cool guns though, really like all the early British stuff.

carebear

shortbow said:
My mistake, and pls forgive my big mouth anyhow. Just thought it looked more .442 than .450, and was confused by the crane. Very cool guns though, really like all the early British stuff.

No offense taken, sorry if I came off wrong.

It is a cool looking piece.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
All right so I don't own this, and I don't know much about it but I love it just the same. It's in the family though, does that count?
1797259830_fc8cde9b70.jpg

RIOT

Practically Family
Has anyone seen the Bruce Stern Collection that went up for auction?

No wonder BARs are hard to come by. This guy had every single one :p

brucestern2.jpg

brucestern3.jpg

brucestern1.jpg

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
I own a Webley Mk IV .38 revolver...

... British Army wartime issue (WW2). I use it for historical re-enactment.

Sadly it's deactivated, but a nice specimen. I will post pics when I have time, but meanwhile this is another example from elsewhere:

webley_38-2.jpg

undertaker

Practically Family
Pocket Pistols

Here are two I have recently added to my collection.

pocketpistols.jpg

The top is a 1875, J.M. Marlin, .32 cal. rimfire, the other is a modern .22 mag. by Davis. The Marlin is in good shape and would probably be safe to shoot but I can't seem to locate any .32 rimfires in my price range:eusa_doh: .

Regards,
J.S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld