Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Doublegun

Practically Family
Thought I'd add my 1911. A PARA-ORD. P-13 in stainless with a K.L. Null horsehide holster.
KLNull.jpg

.45acp of course.

Love the holster. My Kimber Pro CDP would look great in one. Which Null is it?

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Not one you see everyday...

It followed me home from the gun shop, honest.

A Russian Berdan II:

berdan1.jpg

Don't mind the decor, my back yard would make Martha Stewart recoil in horror...

1887 Izhvesk mfg., I think:

berdan3.jpg

The action:

berdan2.jpg

berdan4.jpg

The sling swivels have been converted to the style seen on a Finnish Mosin-Nagant. No SA mark, though. They only came here from either Finland or Spain, so there's a 50-50 chance.

I'll make it bark again, but it'll take some time...

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Very nice! According to Wikipedia: "The Berdan II was also adopted by Bulgaria and saw service, though by then very limited, in Finland as late as World War II. About 3000 Berdan rifles were issued to Finnish troops at the initial stages of Winter War because of great lack of infantry weapons. These rifles were replaced by more modern rifles as soon as it was possible."
That may explain the Finnish style sling swivels.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
They also handed them out in 1941 for the defence of Moscow.

One Berdan, five rounds of ammo, go and stop the Fascist invader. Look at the bright side: At least you got a rifle...

Did you know, some of those were converted to 7.62x54R? The blood runs cold thinking of it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is nice. I have put about 250 rounds through it without a single malfunction and qualified with it the other day scoring 99.6 day and 100 night (threw one round out into the 7 ring back at the 25 in prone)
Hi

I'm guessing your LEO, and that's your qualifying score. What does 99.6 mean in terms of target this big at what range? Just curious, our locals (Wichita PD) run the gamut from "I can shoot a paper bag if the gun is in it", to "I shoot 50,000 rounds a year in practice for 3 gun nationals and am a police officer because they pay for some of my ammo". I checked, that's actually a viable number of 136 rounds a day, shooting 500 rounds a day a few days a week would actually work that out, especially considering that one of the guns was an MP-5.

Later

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Hi

I'm guessing your LEO, and that's your qualifying score. What does 99.6 mean in terms of target this big at what range? Just curious, our locals (Wichita PD) run the gamut from "I can shoot a paper bag if the gun is in it", to "I shoot 50,000 rounds a year in practice for 3 gun nationals and am a police officer because they pay for some of my ammo". I checked, that's actually a viable number of 136 rounds a day, shooting 500 rounds a day a few days a week would actually work that out, especially considering that one of the guns was an MP-5.

Later

Yep on the LEO. In NC we have to qualify day and night with our duty as well as any back up or off-duty weapon we want to carry. The qualification course is a 50 round course with the perfect score possible of 100. We use the standard B27 target. Day qual starts at the 3 yard line and progresses bak to the 25 yard line. At the 25 yard line stage it is 6 rounds in the prone positition and 6 rounds standing from behind cover. Night Qual starts at the 3 yard and goes back to the 15 yard line. Both courses include shooting one handed, weak handed, shooting from the kneeling position and prone. All hits in the X, 9, and 8 ring are worth 5 points, hits in the 7 ring are worth 4 points, any other hits in the silhouette are worth 3 points and anything in the white area or missing is 0. You then add the number of points up and multiply by .4 to get the final score .

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Nice shooting on the Qual, Kirk. We shoot at 7, 15 and 25. 50 rounds in the 8,9,and 10 rings are all that counts. Shot a 96 last time, put 2 in the 7 ring at 25, rats.

Story

I'll Lock Up
For those of you with CCW serviceable 1907 Savages, the Buchheimer 14C-3PPK IWB holster does an excellent job and the 'ear' on the inside/body-side extends up far enough to protect the safety.

Pardon the quck-n-dirty snap -
savageiwb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82