Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Personally I believe in both the 'common courtesy' aspect and the idea that the public is better off when the criminals don't know who's armed. Yes it's a right, okay? But the responsibility that goes with the right is equally important and I'd rather not have jittery neighbors.

Personally I believe in both the 'common courtesy' aspect and the idea that the public is better off when the criminals don't know who's armed. Yes it's a right, okay? But the responsibility that goes with the right is equally important and I'd rather not have jittery neighbors.

Hi Oldsarge- What responsibilities are you referring too? Also "jittery neighbors" what exactly are they, Ill tell you what they are, they are people that do not know anything about the 2A therefore in stead of hiding your weapon from them, you may want to consider giving them a simple civic lesson. Also inform your uninformed "jittery neighbors" that they should not be in fear or get all jittery when they see a law abiding citizen exercising his/her 2A right. I would also inform them that inanimated objects are nothing to fear, just like your fedora or your grill...

My .02

I look forward to future opining on the topic.

Best regards oldsarge.

CCJ

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I am a gun owner, a hunter and a student of the 2nd Amendment. I have also worked in law enforcement for well over two decades. But I will admit that I get a little hinkie when I see a person with a firearm in public. If I could tell by looking at someone that he was law abiding and without mental defect, I'm sure I wouldn't give it a second thought. My problem is that by mere observation, I can't know why he is wearing a firearm...or if he has the legal right to do so...or if he has the mental capacity to do so.

Not saying that I don't support the right to carry. I do. But it would be untruthful for me to say that I pay no attention to those who exercise that right. So I guess I'm a bit more understanding of those who are alarmed at the sight of a person packing a weapon in public.

AF

rjb1

Practically Family
"This is my rifle. This is my gun. This is for killing and this one's for fun!"
I know Marine drill sergeants go nuts if someone calls a rifle a gun, but I wonder if anyone ever asks the Sarge about the Marine Corps Hymn:
From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun; <-----
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes,
You will find us always on the job
The United States Marines.

Probably not...

In the era when that was written...wasn't a gun a cannon"?

AF
Uh, no.

f302a.jpg

Hi folks

" Foolish liberals who are trying to read the 2A out of the constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that its to much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture, they're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution "they" don't like"... CCJ

" Disarm the people-that is the best and most effective way to enslave them"
James Madison

" One of the ordinary modes, by which TYRANTS accomplish their purpose without resistance is, by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms."
Joseph Story

When you need a police officer in a second to help save your life, said officer is 5 seconds away.. CCJ

Your cell phone will not save your life, your weapon will../CCJ

"guns are our friends because in a country without guns. I'm what's known as " prey" ALL Females are"
Ann Coulter...

I rest my case.

Regards

CCJ

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Please be careful! The moderators have closed other threads when we get into politics. Remember, not every one on the Lounge is from our country. I really don't want to loose this one, I enjoy seeing all the fine fire arms that every one owns.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
This is a little .380 S/A I picked up a while back. I bought it from a deputy who needed some money and it now lives in my desk drawer. It shoots well, but I know almost nothing about this brand of firearm. I've no clue even as to when it was made. Any info or comments would be appreciated.

c37f3ace-5470-41ba-9e9c-411f3bc3358b_zpsbffd0618.jpg

AF

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I understand that another way to make your DI go ballistic is to refer to male lower outerwear as "pants" rather than trousers. In the Army we were never so fastidious, at least in my hearing. Come to think of it, firearms were always referred to as 'weapons' back in my Viet Nam era BCT . . .

This is a little .380 S/A I picked up a while back. I bought it from a deputy who needed some money and it now lives in my desk drawer. It shoots well, but I know almost nothing about this brand of firearm. I've no clue even as to when it was made. Any info or comments would be appreciated.

AF

Is that a Star brand from Spain? I haven't seen one of those in a while. Kind of big to be back up gun but it gets the job done. :D
The Modelo A

AF

Can't quite read it. Does it say Interarms on the slide..??
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe