Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
alden405 said:
My misses is back to prebaby size,im still to shake of a couple of kilos however

CIMG0411.jpg
This is the cutest picture I have ever seen.

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
muslin fitting

One of my biggest projects this year is a custom wedding dress...and holy cow, am I nervous about it!! :eek: I made the muslin pattern and fit her. There needs to be a few tiny adjustments, then after that I can make the style lines on the paper pattern for the official dress. AND!!! My man just bought me a new pro dressform for draping! yay

*edit
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ck0hUZUj1jU/Sxqd5VHzCuI/AAAAAAAAAJA/lnPcbanqMow/s400/S6300129.JPG

(ok, so the attachment didn't work..have to use an ol'fashioned link....)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That's lovely CherryRed, Did You make the bonnet also.
Miss_Becky, that is a lovely elegant dress. She just needs som fabulous jewelry.

I have always planned to make clothes for my dolls but I am just too selfish to make anything for anyone but myself. lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I made this a few weeks ago when it was still warm outside.
8043.jpg
front-12.jpg

I made this and I thought, "Oh, Ill do a crazy print, like the drawing. Im sure the details will show up. I mean, they do in the drawing!" lol

That is the scope of my logic.
The fabric is cotton with this great atomic like print. The sleeves took some getting use to, and I did have to alter the point on the bodice, the pattern made it too long.

shoulderdetail.jpg
swatch.jpg

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My recent mistake. I had made the dress before so I thought I'd be fine. The fabric has no streach so I can't get the bodice over my head. I ended up just making a skirt with a wide waistband since I'd cut out all the fabric. It's a learning experience and if I try this again I'll adapt it to have a back zipper (the longest I can find). It would have been a beautiful dress though. :(

I need to find a retro top or sweater to match and a petticoat.
skirt.jpg

d0839fe1eca5.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies!
Kitty, if youd like a copy of the pattern, PM me. Im sure we could work something out.

The pattern is a mail order, so some things dont fit as they should. The yolk in the back was uncomfortably short, so I lengthened it about an inch and a half.
The shirt is actually a skirt form another pattern that I had already sized well, so I just adjusted the width to match up with this bodice's gathers and there you go!

I like it but i kinda wish I had made the yolk in black now that I think about it. You cant see any of the details :(

Aw well.

LD

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
LadyDay, that fabric is awesome!
Do you think you could cut out a new yoke piece in black and re-sew it? Easier said than done, but I'm sure it would be worth it and make you feel happier about it. You could also use the old yoke piece to make a matching clutch or something....It's a very pretty dress.

DeadPanDiva, well at least you got a pretty skirt out of it. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe