Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

zendy

A-List Customer
MarieAnne said:
Your dress turned out beautiful! But why are you so mad at the pattern?

I have a good idea. I also made that pattern and it gets so confusing at times. I ended up not following the directions and just going for it. It was a lot less stressful. I'll have to post my finished on sometime.

Antje

One Too Many
SayCici said:
I have too many projects piling up!

I saw this dress and swooned, unfortunately it had been reserved for someone else:
24awykm.jpg

So I decided to buy this pattern:
il_430xN.76604912.jpg

... It just dawned on me they're not at all similar! lol And the sizing is off.. uh, guess I got carried away. I'm sure something else will come along!

This one is sooo beautifull

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
I have a good idea. I also made that pattern and it gets so confusing at times. I ended up not following the directions and just going for it. It was a lot less stressful. I'll have to post my finished on sometime.

thanx for the warning ...Im about to start this pattern!! x:eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:

AJ, I have to hand it to ya, you sure know how to work those novelty fabrics :) Your work is so fun.

separates.jpg

I finally made the skirt for this blouse. Its from some random 30s pattern I have, I forget. I was going to make a dress out of this rayon, but the lady at the fabric store recommended separates. :rolleyes:

I had a big serging day, and serged the pieces for 3 pairs of pants, this skirt, and an ensemble for a friend. More to come! :D

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I finally finished this dress. A friend wanted me to make a vintage piece for his wife. They are expecting their first child. I helped him buy the pattern, and picked out the fabric. It was also my first time working with a maternity pattern.

vogue8278.jpg
dressfront.jpg
bothfront2.jpg

Its such a cute dress. The collar is detachable, and the belt tie casing is sewn beneath the back of the dress. I also added a little embroidery on the jacket (linen). The dress is a cotton calico. The buttons are wood.

flowerapplique.jpg
bustdetail.jpg

belttie.jpg

It has to be one of the most labor intensive garments Ive ever made. I think it was the pleats, though. Im going to send it out Monday, I hope she likes it :)

LD

SayCici

Practically Family
Lady Day, that is too sweet looking! I love it with the jacket, and the applique. I thought it was just straight embroidery at first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe