Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
TI finally got these pics up, a dress I made fora friend. She has not had the opportunity to wear it yet, but I hope to see her in it soon!

I'm beginning to dislike pattern pictures the way I dislike car ads. You see a car being driven like a maniac and the tiny print says "closed course, professional driver, don't drive like this." Then why the heck show us the car being driven like that? The women in the picture look so svelte and lean and long and the clothes are a second skin. They never fit in me that way! :rage:

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I never post anything in here, due to the fact that I sew for a living, so if I posted everything I did, you all would get very sick of me! lol

So here are a few examples of some of my work:
l_62da743f1e9681250e12cc17b2f67b94.jpg

Reading Airshow last year- I made the dress, sash and hat.

114221038_l.jpg

One of the pieces from my senior collection in college.

1497744863_l.jpg

Another piece from my senior collection.

n108500152_30037543_4385.jpg

Andy LaPlegua of Combichrist wearing my custom shirt on the cover of Zillo Magazine- It also made an appearance into his music video Get Your Body Beat- don't worry, I don't expect many people to know who this person is!

n108500152_30002381_2739.jpg

Combichrist somewhere in Germany- back shot of the shirt

n108500152_30002373_9040.jpg

Design done about 8 years ago for children's wear assignment

n108500152_30002374_9159.jpg

The only finished garment photo I have- Won second place in Betsey Johnson children's wear

n108500152_30004031_2379.jpg

The backside of my first wedding gown (my internship was with Koos Van Den Akker- the man who designed the "Cosby Sweaters" for those of you who remember- it may help the design make sense- http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aomyB2cLL.jpg)

n108500152_30004032_2502.jpg

And the front....

Most of these were done about 6-8 years ago when I was in college and during my internship. I've become a lot less.... (disturbing?) as of late.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Cherry Bomb, I know what you mean! Back when I was making reenactment clothing for a living, I was always concerned that the reeanctors' list participants would get tired of seeing my stuff or think I was constantly advertising myself. If it would make you feel better about showing your work, how about just showing us the stuff you make for yourself, although most professionals rarely sew for themselves, or just the stuff that is retro. Your work is lovely! I think the wedding gown is my favorite.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic:

Andy LaPlegua of Combichrist wearing my custom shirt on the cover of Zillo Magazine- It also made an appearance into his music video Get Your Body Beat- don't worry, I don't expect many people to know who this person is!
Ohhhhh Andy...They've been here in SF twice and they put on great shows! How did you get that opportunity Cherry_Bombb? I'm feelin' your red and white hat by the way!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CB you stuff is so post apocalyptic industrial...cool!

Here is my boring old jacket.

front-1.jpg

The process is here.

Its been hanging on the hanger for weeks. I actually went through a couple of half done projects and finished them today. It was nice clearing out space on my fabric shelf.

Now onto jammie bottoms :)

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I finished the Vintage Fashion Library pants. In the end, I took out 2 inches from the crotch depth and would take out another 1/2in on the next pair. While marked as a size 28waist (I have a 31 waist), these pants barely fit me and when I lose another few pounds, they will be falling off. My guess is they would fit great on a 32 waist, but make a muslin, as always. It could just be my figure. I decided to do a back zip, instead of the side buttons. I just couldn't figure out how the side buttons worked with the pocket, not to mention that I find zips easier to do than buttons. The pockets are very small, almost non-function. My car keys barely fit in them. So far, the only person who has liked them was my mom. My husband thought they were very unflattering. The biggest problem I have with them is what to wear on top. Anything longer than the sweater in the pic, and I look HUGE. I can't tuck in a blouse because the high waist and my large bust combine to make me look very squat. Right now, the sweater in the pic is the only thing that works with these pants.
2274538566_e02dd9cbef.jpg

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
CherryRed- Thank you- I think I may start posting here a little more. I just didn't want to seem obnoxious! :)

Pink Dahlia- Thank you!!

MJrules- My fiance is best friends with the Jim S. the Buyer for Metropolis Records (Andy's label) here in Philadelphia. Not to mention he's tour managed a couple of their bands and a few heavy metal acts (Static-X, Hatebreed, Slipknot, etc) so he's friends w/ a lot of people in the metal/ industrial/ synthpop scene. So every once in a while I get a chance like this. I don't know if you saw when Andy came around on his last tour w/ Icon of Coil, but that's what my senior collection was based on- his entire stage set up was all of these different colors of silver/ chrome/ decomposed metal... it was gorgeous!

Kamikat- *Whew* Someone understands me! lol Just kidding ladies! That wedding gown is by far my favorite!! It was my first real piece of couture. I am super pleased w/ the way it turned out! By the way- those pants are great!! I'm about to start on that pattern myself!

Lady Day- Thanks much! And I love your "boring jacket"! The lining is fabulous!! I especially like the colored stitching on the patch pockets! :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LadyDay, you're selling the jacket short. The cord adds some texture and the contrast is just enough to add interest. It's a classic piece that looks like it will be very versatile and have a nice, long life in one's wardrobe. Very nice!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I finally finished these jim-jams! They had been sitting in my to finish pile for almost 8 months

Butterick6447.jpg

The pattern was interesting, the front was one sheet of tissue, not on the fold. It was the largest piece Ive ever worked with! lol

front-2.jpg

I ended up shortening the gown and adding a pair of skivvies from a repo paint pattern. It was a good time to practice my elastic casings. I also made a pair for a couple of the sleep shirts I had.

It feels good to finish up old projects. especially quick ones. The skivvies tool less than an hour to sew.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld